Technical Director Creative AgencyFULL-TIME REMOTE
United States / June 02 2021
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Director to join our fully remote team to work on a variety of web projects for clients across the globe.
Technical Director Overview
Wunderdogs is an independent creative agency with a growing (15+) distributed team across the U.S. and Europe. We provide beginning-to-end design, production, and strategy services to forward-thinking brands in the technology space, from startups to established companies.
From one-off-digital projects to full website designs, no two Wunderdogs projects are the same: if you’re a creative who enjoys variety in what you do, the diverse nature of our work is sure to keep you on your toes. We’re looking for a Technical Director who is excited by the opportunity to join our team and elevate our work to the next level. Technical Director will be responsible for defining Wunderdog’s go-to-market strategy for technical engagements, forging technology partnerships, scoping projects, and delivering work profitably. You will lead our engineering team while collaborating across different creative disciplines to pitch, plan, and deliver beautiful, best-in-class digital experiences.
We’re looking for someone who does not shy away from a challenge and is comfortable working to tight deadlines when required. You will be joining us during an exciting time and will be working on multiple projects simultaneously, often for different clients. Our team is entrepreneurial, smart, hard-working, and fun - Wunderdogs is a challenging yet very rewarding workplace, one where your effort and passion can make a real difference to our clients.
Types of clients we work with:
- Innovative, high growth B2Bs (60%)
- DTC and e-comm brands (30%)
- Social Impact organizations (10%)
- 5+ years in a creative/agency environment.
- Broad, full-stack knowledge of interactive and marketing technologies, including web development, CMS products, CRM, analytics, serverless architecture, CDNs, and more.
- Mobile app experience and deep level understanding of building digital experiences for mobile devices.
- Experience with a variety of eCommerce platforms (Shopify, Woo Commerce, etc.) and architecture patterns.
- A history of hands-on development in a number of different web technologies.
- Software vendor (CMS, eCommerce, search, etc) relationship building and management.
- Business development experience, including but not limited to: creating budgets, writing proposals, creating decks, and presenting to C-level executives.
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, large and small, for their potential long-term impact on Wunderdogs business.
- Ability to plan, lead and build projects from end-to-end.
- An expert in translating designs into code.
- Demonstrated success building and managing engineering teams, establishing processes, and ensuring quality.
- Strong management ability and experience monitoring, mentoring, directing, coaching, and conducting performance reviews
- Experience working with in-house teams and contractors.
- Working with other (non-technical) disciplines to ensure they understand the implications of effort, complexity, reliability, and scalability of any designed solutions
- On top of new technologies and exploring how they can be leveraged in future projects.
- Ability to work effectively with non-technical team members in creative, strategy, and account management functions.
- Can communicate complicated technical problems/solutions to others less familiar with engineering jargon.
- Excellent technical presentation and communication skills, must be comfortable and capable at communicating to the wider team and clients.
- Knowledge of best practices for security, accessibility, speed, and scalability.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Prior experience managing clients is a huge bonus.
- Will do what it takes to deliver projects on time, and on budget.
- Enjoys a highly flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Diverse team (team members are based in San Francisco, Seattle, Sao-Paolo, Moscow, London, Edinburgh)
- Interesting projects from all over the globe
- Project-based bonuses
- Fully remote
- A highly cooperative team that encourages professional growth and self-development
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and market rate at the candidate's location
PraxisREMOTEPraxis – praxispioneering.com – is launching a pilot ecommerce storefront for a major media company with a combined 13M monthly uniques during the pilot and 100M total across all properties.This pilot is launching in the next 2 months and we're activ
Plan AcademyCanada REMOTEAre you a Wordpress rockstar? Do you think about the WP loop while you sleep? If this is you, let's talk.We are looking for an experienced & accomplished Web Developer with focus on WordPress and PHP to help grow and maintain our online trai