Senior Visual DesignerFULL-TIME
Netherlands / July 14 2021
For our office in Rotterdam / Amsterdam (both possible) we are looking for an ambitious Senior Visual Designer who effortlessly translates abstract words and concepts into crazy visual designs and digital products.
As a Senior Visual Designer at Dept you take the digital channels of our customers to a higher level. You inspire customers and colleagues with your sense of style and vision on digital brands. You understand how fantastic digital design fits within the commercial framework of brands. Your qualities add value in a wide range of customer questions, from app to shop and from museum to commodity.
At Dept you will work at a large agency that still feels small and intimate. The lines are short and the hierarchy is hard to find. You are responsible from A to Z for the visual side of the designs. No deadline is too crazy for you. And most importantly? You have a feel for shape, color, typography and know how to apply this within websites, apps and digital platforms. We will immediately see that reflected in your portfolio. You also know how to include the customer in your way of working. You can present your work, substantiate and sell it to the customer and your colleagues, in order to create the best possible work for the customer. You prefer to leave structure and architecture to our Interaction Designers. You think and design mainly from brand propositions and are the best to translate a brand into a digital product.
Please make sure to submit a portfolio with your application.
We are a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of clients, such as TakeAway, VodafoneZiggo, Gall & Gall, Bol.com, Eneco, Nederlandse Spoorwegen and Jumbo. We prefer the most talented experts on board, but we are also looking for the perfect Dept fit. Someone who does not shy away from learning, inspiring and striving for a better world. Someone who looks ahead, dares to take the stage, and who toasts with us to a successful week on Friday afternoon.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of work experience as an agency visual designer or at a leading brand;
- Has an amazing portfolio, with a strong focus on visual design for digital / online;
- Are interested in art and culture;
- Have experience in giving pitches;
- Can develop concepts into efficient designs;
- Have experience with Figma and Design Systems (It is a must);
- Have experience with prototyping? That is a plus;
- Have a professionally fluent level of English.
- An open company culture;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- Working from home setup;
- Pension scheme;
- Possibilities to develop your skills even further via training and certifications;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Free Bootcamp training twice a week;
- Friday drinks/open bar to wrap up the week;
- Great fringe benefits; laptop, mobile phone, NS business card and many other goodies.
WHO ARE WE?
Hello, we are Dept – an international digital agency with the most experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology, and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
At Dept, we welcome talent with every nationality, background and orientation. We believe in a workplace in which everyone can be themselves and feel appreciation for who they are and what they do.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.