United States / February 04 2020
The Junior Design role supports Sweden Unlimited in the creation of design related to the breadth of creative services the agency offers, including: strategy, experience, marketing, web design, content production, and branding.
More specifically, the Junior Designer supports the Design Team; the senior designers and Art Director with assigned tasks.
You will be responsible for the visual design and execution of design deliverables; including website designs, email templates, landing pages, promo content, style guides, and other visual communications. You will need to execute on design concepts, contribute to concepts, concept design elements, and work side by side with the creative team, project managers and developers.
- Collaboration with teams
- Preparing presentations
- Production of materials; gathering and sourcing assets
- Detailed execution
- Learning and following procedures
High level of proficiency in a wide range of design-related software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, InDesign,
- InVision (or other prototyping tool)
- Sketch (Understanding of shared libraries, complex symbol systems, scalability).
- Principle (For animation, interaction)
- Nice-to-have tool sets include Figma, After Effects, Webflow, etc.
Ability to produce clear and organized files, folders, and assets:
- adherence to company-wide folder structure
- adherence to company-wide file naming conventions
- clean and organized files (grouping, layer comps, artboards, layers, labeling, etc.)
- production-ready files for development
- print-ready files for production
- preparation of image assets
- creation of style guides (specifically for web design)
- efficiency in asset production including batch automation
High level of proficiency within fundamental design skills, including:
- color theory
- appropriate use of imagery
- content design and production
High level of proficiency in web design skills:
- understanding of responsive web design principles
- ability to create and leverage a grid system
- experience with typography as it applies to web fonts and digital usage
- cognizance of technical limitations as they apply to layout and interactions
- Proficiency with user experience design and information architecture principles
Ability to review cross-browser front-end markup for quality assurance purposes:
- ability to provide specific feedback related to discrepancies between design and implementation
- ability to collaborate and problem-solve with developers and project managers when original designs require alteration during development implementation
Familiarity with and relative proficiency within the breadth of Sweden’s creative offering outside of web design, including:
- strategy (decks, user experience, user journeys, content strategy)
- experience (in-store, campaign-related, apps)
- marketing (campaigns, emails, ads, social media, print)
- content (art direction, photography direction, casting direction)
- branding/identity (logo design, brand books, style guides, packaging, labels, print collateral)
Ability to ideate design concepts within constraints of project requirements, client requests, and creative direction
- think of new and interesting ideas with client and agency objectives in mind
- ability to assess and adhere to priorities and requirements in the creative process
- ability to innovate with an ongoing awareness of current trends and boundaries
Familiarity with capabilities and limitations when designing for e-commerce and other CMS platforms, templates and functionalities including:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Familiarity with front-end markup
- HTML, CSS, JS
Ability to maintain clear and open lines of communication around requirements, estimation, workload, risks, resource allocations, etc
Commitment to self-reliance, independent productivity, and pro-active communication
P.M.A. Positive Mental Attitude and collaborative, problem-solving nature
ChompUnited StatesWe are currently developing an exciting mobile app called Chomp.Chomp is an app where you can turn a restaurant list you want to try into a quest. It lets you create and share quests with friends, and join quests created by experts. Users can earn a...
IncentroNetherlandsLooking for A talented digital designer to grow our experienced design team. We Are Incentro - a full service digital company. We provide services that range from pure tech to creating and designing the best experiences for our clients. &n...