Front End Senior DeveloperFULL-TIME
United Kingdom / April 22 2021
Rotate° are on the hunt for an experienced Senior Developer with an all-round high quality developer skill set to join our growing agency team based in East London.
We are a digital creative studio that specialises in eCommerce – from brand, to build, to audience.
We work with brands we don't call clients but rather partners, with the ambition to grow fast in their sector.
Our partners not only have to be brands we believe in but ones we are passionate about growing, with like-minded teams we love creating with. They drive us, we drive them.
Together we create value, increase sales and build memorable digital brands...never just websites!
About the role
As a valuable member of the Development Team, you will work to define and implement innovative technical solutions to meet the needs of specific client requirements.
Along with our other Developers, you will actively seek out new experiences and opportunities to learn and share best practices with each other, to improve the way we build our applications, and work together.
The successful candidate will have experience of building web applications and using standard development approaches. They will have day-to-day responsibility for the coordination, designing, implementation and testing of the customer facing products and services.
Ultimately, you will have 4+ years in a similar role and will work seamlessly across the whole team to identify and create best-in-class quality products that are delivered on time and that meets or exceeds the expectations of the client and your team.
This role would report directly to the Tech Lead.
● Defining the implementation details of client requirements and size them appropriately.
● Owning tasks end to end; including communicating with the Project Manager and or Client to gather more information if needed.
● Delivering high quality software/web solutions on time and to budget.
● Constantly aiming to achieve a high level of client satisfaction by working with the Project Manager and rest of the team to appropriately manage our clients expectations to avoid any unexpected issues.
● Working closely with our in-house designers on UI/UX elements to create new solutions to wow our clients.
● Prioritising development projects, setting timelines and assigning tasks to team members.
● Help respond to customer support requests.
● Develop tests to ensure quality and reliability.
● Identifying user and system requirements.
● Creating wireframes to decide on layout.
● Experience with mockup and UI prototyping tools.
● Day-to-day mentoring of mid/junior developers in the team.
● Writing or reviewing code for various applications.
● Ensuring any relevant documentation is up-to-date where required.
● Working across all levels of the company, managing your own and coordinating others workloads with ease.
We will be a great match if:
● You value technical excellence and a collaborative approach.
● If you have built e-commerce web apps previously and can implement designs using modern web development practices ensuring customer satisfaction, we would love to hear from you.
● You enjoy continuous development and mastery of your skills - regularly actively seek out new experiences and opportunities to learn.
● You are a team player and have excellent communication skills.
● You are someone who is naturally motivated and has a genuine passion for building products for our clients.
● You have a strong understanding and experience of modern development practices (Agile methodologies, git, continuous integration, bug/issue tracking).
● You are confident with agile development practices and fast paced start-up environments.
● You are familiar with supporting tools (e.g. JIRA, Bugsnag, Asana, Woopra, etc).
● You have a strong background in coding and knowledge of user interfaces.
● Self-organising - you take responsibility for your own schedule and workload. You know what’s expected of you each week and can confidently discuss competing priorities on your time.
● Teamwork - you achieve your goals working with your colleagues and clients - collaboratively. You avoid being the hero and you’re never a team of one. You understand the reasons for our baseline standards, and you stick to them.
● Integrity - you set clear commitments and expectations and you do what it takes to meet those commitments.
● Resilience and tenacity - you handle the difficult situations. When faced with a challenge, you step up to solve it and do not wait for others to work it out for you.
● Sensitivity to others - you are polite and considerate to clients and colleagues and understand that we’re all working toward the same goal.
● Strong opinions lightly held - you speak up, but you’ll listen to critique with open ears.
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
We genuinely care about our people. We are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for, where we deliver amazing award-winning work for our clients, and everyone supports and learns from each other!
What else do we offer?
● Holiday - 21 days per year (plus Bank / Public Holiday, plus up to 10 additional full company days off annually for Rotate°s Christmas
'office closure'. These are usually the days of 24th Dec → 2nd Jan to the extent
they fall on business days.
● Flexible Remote Working: We're currently working fully remotely due to covid-19. Once reopened you will have the option of working up to 3 days a week remotely.
● Wellness Fund: Within a year you can expense up to £250 on equipment or activities to boost your wellbeing
● Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Leave: It’s important to us that our employees are given as
much support during this special time, which is why we have an enhanced policy.
● Yoga Classes: We have Guest Yoga teachers come in each week to provide a gentle 30min session. This is within working hours + free Yoga Mat if you don’t already have one.
● Unlimited Personal Development Fund: We have an untethered fund for your professional development. These are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
● Quarterly Personal Development Reviews: A quarterly session with your Line Manager to ensure that Rotate° is supporting you in reaching your career goals.
● Equipment Budget: We know you are most effective when you have the right equipment that works for you. As such, on starting, you will work with your Line Manager to agree the best setup for you - standing desks, monitors, laptops, you name it.
● Off-Site Days: Summer Party, Christmas Party, End of Month Parties - if there is an excuse, we'll have a party.
● Pizza Fridays: When we’re in the office we order Deliveroo once a week. It’s the one day, nobody has to think about lunch but it’s when we all come together to not only share the food but to catch up and have fun!
● Discounts: We also work with great clients that give us discounts too.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Rotate° is an equal opportunity employer and believes that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve tricky challenges. As such, we are seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. LensesIsrael REMOTEGood Day Developers,We're in urgent need to hire a super top notch Wordpress developer to work on our new website.Our new web site have been designed and we're now in search for teh perfect talanted developer to take the design and transform it to a