Front-End Developer (REMOTE)FULL-TIME REMOTE
United States / July 20 2021
Blacksmith is seeking a Front-End WP Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The developer transforms completed designs into live, interactive web experiences with beautiful, clean code and works with back-end developers to integrate everything from interactive landing pages to full-fledged dashboards and web apps.
Your code is so gorgeous that it’s breathtaking. You are one sharp cookie. You keep it 100. Your smile is the sunshine that brightens up everyone’s day.You would do anything for your fellow comrades. You have a date with destiny and the only thing on the menu is GREATNESS.
We work with git, chat on Slack and our team structure is flat and open. Self-motivated individuals tend to thrive best here, and we are looking for someone filled with inspiration and who isn’t afraid to take initiative. This position is for someone with a deep understanding of WordPress. You have built your own themes and plugins before and possibly even contributed to WordPress Core. You enjoy finding elegant solutions to complex problems and are familiar with the WordPress motto – “code is poetry.” You are up-to-date with the latest and greatest trends and technologies because you are engaged in the open source community and you enjoy building software that pushes the web forward.
- Build responsive websites that function perfectly on any device or browser size
- Perform cross-browser compatibility tests and iterate to work through the bugs
- Collaborate with both UX/UI Web Designers and Backend Developer to bridge the gap - between graphical design and technical implementation in order to complete projects, websites, platforms and other web experiences.
- Breathe life into user interface by integrating completed designs and code using WordPress
- Optimize application for optimum speed and scalability
- Learn new technologies and share your ideas with team members
- Complete understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level.
- Experience building WordPress themes/plugins.
- Mastery of WordPress coding and security best practices.
- Hands on experience with the following:
- Experience with less or sass frameworks
- Solid command of responsive layouts
- 3+ years of working in the agency industry
- Testing experience (a plus)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Zero intimidation of new technologies and ability to self-teach quickly yourself on the fly
- Ability to communicate positively and honestly
- Strong work ethic and reliability
If this resonates with you, please feel free to apply! Looking forward to hearing from you :)