Experienced Frontend Developer
Norway / January 15 2021
Bakken & Bæck is a digital product development and design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn and London. In close collaboration with ambitious clients, we design and build digital solutions and businesses from end to end. You might have seen some of our work for Vipps, Coinbase, IKEA Everyday Experiments, and Bee Home.
When we are not making world-class digital products, we are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. We go on trips, attend conferences and throw events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivate a company that embraces differences. We strongly believe in flexibility, and know that creativity doesn’t necessarily always happen between 9 and 5.
At Bakken & Bæck you’ll be given a lot of freedom while creating easy-to-use products by solving complicated problems. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours' scheme.
About the team
Our frontend team is a group of passionate developers, who work closely with designers, engineers, product owners, writers and strategists to create excellent user interfaces and experiences. We try to be adaptable and curious when designing solutions, rather than locking ourselves in a certain tech stack. We believe this helps us to stay innovative in our pursuit of constant self-development.
About the job:
As a technology-driven design studio, we work at the intersection of engineering a design, helping brands and companies respond to new opportunities in a fast-paced world. We are looking for a talented frontend developer to join us on our mission. As a frontend developer at BB, you will get the chance to work on innovative and ambitious projects with a team of passionate designers and engineers.
We’re on the lookout for someone who enjoys creating excellent user experiences, loves to collaborate closely with other developers and designers, and knows what tools fit the job. Our team takes pride in creating outstanding products while staying on the top of the game by constantly experimenting and testing new technologies. If you are eager to learn new things, solve complex problems, mentor others, and build for the web — you’ll fit right in at BB!
A typical day might involve:
- creating excellent user experiences for a wide range of clients and attending project meetings where you'll confidently present your progress
- collaborating closely with a project team of developers, designers and product owners, communicating clearly, giving feedback, and constantly learning from each other
- communicating findings and sharing knowledge with the rest of the frontend team, attending the biweekly frontend team meeting and one-on-one’s with your team lead.
- joining one of our internal initiatives like: 9-5 (where you can collaborate with other disciplines to experiment with ideas), the VR Pioneers Club (experiment with new VR technologies) or BB Learning (internal presentations around different topics).
- Experience in working on large scale websites
- Ability to find and use the right tools and technologies for a given task
- Experience developing responsive and responsible websites that adapt to user devices
- Experience with content management systems, APIs and integrations with 3rd party services
- Performance and accessibility-awareness, ability to formulate judgments on what's best for the end user
- Create quality user interfaces and experiences, with an eye for detail
- Experience with working in a team setting, using version control and reviewing code
- Ability to scope down larger problems into smaller executable pieces.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with WebGL and 3D frameworks
- Experience with build tools and server side languages
Perks and Benefits
We take great pride in making Bakken & Bæck a friendly and inclusive workplace, and we care for both your professional and personal well-being. Here are some of the things you can expect if you join us:
- Doing things together
Working across offices, we like to get together as often as we can. Yearly trips, meet-ups, parties, dinners or even work on an interesting project. We’ve previously hosted a one-day conference called An Interesting Day and we have an event series called DDD (Define, Design, Develop) where we invite people from different industries to talk about a specific theme.
- Power your own ideas
Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need
Currently a lot of our team members are working from home due to the pandemic. However once things return to normal, you’ll still be very welcome to occasionally work remotely. We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross office collaboration.
- Parental leave and baby bonus
We got the moms and dads in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, that includes a €2000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy
We provide an extensive support package that includes a solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment and a lot more.
- Conferences and courses
You'll get a yearly budget of €1500 to go wherever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks and work philosophy, check out our Company Handbook.
Deadline: 15th February 2021
Get in touch with Abril Alvarez (email@example.com) or Palak Bisen (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any questions