United States / March 04 2020
Bloomberg Media Studios is a core of hardworking, nimble, and diverse creative professionals crafting award-winning, cross-platform brand content experiences for a range of clients from Technology, Finance to Luxury. We are searching for a 12 month Creative Technologist contractor to join our talented team of designers, animators, video editors and writers in service of our digital custom editorial and strategy teams. Your job will be to bring data visualizations to life in dynamic, engaging ways and to create immersive, uncompromising digital experiences across desktop and mobile.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will function as an extension of the design team, bringing to bear their solid creative capabilities paired with deep technical expertise. Your portfolio should demonstrate this. You get things done and don’t stand around waiting for direction. You are always on the lookout for emerging development and technology trends to apply to actionable innovations. You provide an experienced voice and are able to clearly articulate ideas to other technology groups as well as non-technology focused groups within Bloomberg. You can thoughtfully integrate live data into experiences in a way that provides utility to our users. You are dedicated to translating comps and wireframes into semantically correct web templates. You possess an excellent working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications.
We'll trust you to:
- Prototype and ideate solutions to briefs we receive around digital experiences.
- Develop prototypes into fully working products.
- Keep abreast of the evolving media, technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards, protocols and devices to build world-class experiences
- Able to understand and benchmark feasibility within the Bloomberg environment for creative ideas, and proactively proposing alternative solutions
- Multi-task and work efficiently under time constraints across Bloomberg technology divisions
- Work alongside project managers to establish development timelines inclusive of testing
- Work independently to drive projects from ideation and design through implementation
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics, with solid and active contribution in creative reviews
- Bring an innovative approach to the development of experiences while being mindful of Bloomberg’s privacy requirements
You'll need to have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Design & Technology, or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin design platforms
- Drive to discover and use new and emerging technologies, e.g. AR/VR, 3D, IoT, wearables, experiential
- Ability to optimize technical work for solid audience performance
- Great ability to clearly communicate with tech teams and non-tech teams
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HerdlUnited KingdomWe’re looking for a talented WordPress Developer to join our award-winning team. This exciting role is best suited to an experienced developer, with a proven track record across a broad range of projects. There is plenty of scope for advancement and...