Many of this year’s web design trends didn’t just appear out of nowhere – they’ve been evolving over the past few years. Design systems, for example, is a major trend this year but has been evolving from style guides and pattern libraries for years.
- Component-based design systems
- Modern retro designs
- Polygonal shapes and geometric layers
- Complex desktop interactions + simple mobile interactions
- Simple homepages
- Tactile design
Written in a practical format for everyday designers, the guide includes 70+ pages of advice and dozens of examples. Consider it equal parts lookbook and instruction manual.
For each trend, the guide explains:
- What does the trend look and feel like?
- Why is this trend useful?
- How can you adapt it to your own work?
Featured companies include GE Digital, Github, Spotify, Atlassian, Mailchimp, and many others.