WordPress / PHP Developer for Front-End WorkPART-TIME REMOTE
Canada / June 16 2021
Are you a Wordpress rockstar? Do you think about the WP loop while you sleep?
If this is you, let's talk.
We are looking for an experienced & accomplished Web Developer with focus on WordPress and PHP to help grow and maintain our online training platform's capabilities and better serve our clients.
Our website is built on WordPress and is integrated with a PHP-based membership plugin as the main authentication and payment processor system.
Key responsibilities will include
- assist with maintenance tasks & ensuring the system is running smoothly
- test & rollout plugin updates on a regular schedule
- squash those bugs and resolve issues
- optimize code with the goal of improving site performance
- improve front-end layouts using your keen eye for design
- be meticulous, secure and have a high attention to detail
As you prove yourself, your responbilities will grow to include
- build customized theme enhancements
- develop plugins to add additional functionality or manipulate custom post types
- assist with larger-scale development projects
MUST-HAVE skills we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience customizing WordPress Internals (actions/filters).
- Developing REST API clients to consume third-party services through WP.
- Deep experience with WP custom post types, post meta, user meta, options, etc.
- Experience with the WP $wpdb class.
- jQuery framework knowledge and proven experience
- Proven experience developing WordPress themes from scratch.
- Proven experience developing WordPress Plugins from scratch.
- Proven experience with modern PHP development such as OOP, MVC, Autoloading, Composer
- Experience with Payment systems
- You know your way around GIT very well (push, commit, pull, merge).
- You know Front-End Technologies (SASS, NPM, Yarn, Webpack)
- Understanding of DNS records (A, CNAME, ETC).
- Linux CLI (installing & maintaining packages, debugging network issues, etc).
To be a best fit for this project you need:
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong ability to hit deadlines
- Experience developing with MongoDB
- Experience with LearnDash WP plugin an asset
- Include the word Mountain in your proposal
- Experience with aMember WP plugin as asset
- Willingness to sign an NDA
If you are interested in this project, please respond with your prior experience included in a proposal.