United States / January 17 2019
Here at Five and Done the hunt is on for an exceptional UX / UI Designer to help us create thoughtful, strategy-driven, passion-fueled web applications. You’ll tackle both simple and complex projects and help guide them to intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use experiences. You will work closely with our Creative, Development, and Account Management teams as well as directly with our clients to research, ideate, wireframe and design user interfaces. We work on various B2B and B2C web properties and applications. You should be a strategy-driven and detail-oriented with the ability to connect business needs, best practices and progressive design within a fast-moving environment.
· Concept, wireframe, write, and execute UX documentation for various types of projects
· Design final user interface comps in line with our high creative standards · Create working prototypes for internal or client presentation
· Conduct primary research by listening to users, identifying their needs, and responding to how they interact
· Constantly iterate and improve our apps by reviewing various information sources, such as usability testing responses, stakeholder interviews, and site metrics
· Design mock-ups, functional wireframes, product/site architecture, page flows, and screen layouts with consideration to user-centered design processes · Design visual UI frameworks
· Create UI styleguides to be handed over to development
· Design client-ready decks to present your work · Validate designs with users and stakeholders to drive iterative improvements throughout the development lifecycle
· Balance business needs against usability and design ideals · Work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team · Promote and work within an Agile user experience process focusing on constant deliverables, iterative improvements and results
· You have spent part of your career focused on graphic or visual design, and part of it focused on user experience design
.· You have at least 5 years of experience working within an agency environment and/or on consumer web applications
· You can clearly, concisely, and confidently articulate the "why" of UX design decisions
· You know how to give and receive constructive criticism, and are willing to apply it to improve your work product
· Your past experience has involved working with Fortune 500 brands on large-scale projects that required a strong understanding user-centric design methodologies
· You’ve mastered the art of time management, and can prove it with your demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once and work well within given time frames
· You have a smashing portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of a UCD approach and your stellar problem solving skills
· Your portfolio is full of examples of intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
· You have experience presenting and communicating your work in front of multidisciplinary teams in a relatable and professional manner.
Five & Done is a boutique digital studio with offices in Orange County, CA and Dallas, TX. We serve our clients in a broad range of capacities – from UX strategy and creative design to enterprise application design and management. We are small by choice and put significant emphasis on the quality of work we deliver to our clients, as well as the experience of working with us. Together and individually, we’ve all experienced the front lines on large-scale concepts for brands known worldwide. Together we form a focused group with complimenting skill sets, ideal for sharp, refined, precise work. Together, we want to create work that we can brag about (paying heed to subtly slip the brags into conversation in natural ways, of course).
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered. Five & Done is an equal opportunity employer. Position is located in Dallas, TX, through travel to Southern California is expected.