New Zealand / March 31 2020
Resn is looking for a full time Technical Director for our studio in Wellington, New Zealand.
You'll be leading a powerful development team on the biggest and brightest international brands in global time zones (with a focus on APAC and USA). Your peerless technical management skills ensure that projects are completed to the highest standards, on time, within budget and with a smile on everyone's dials.
Your developer experience stack is full, both front-end and back-end and you possess a deep understanding of web technologies.
- Lead front-end and back-end technology strategy, defining project technical requirements, technical design documents, project estimates and managing technical deliverables.
- Assisting with technical planning across all projects and working closely with project leads to ensure production is on track and delivered on-time, on-budget, on-quality.
- Work closely with clients to develop appropriate technical strategies and solutions, manage client’s technical expectations, managing escalation issues.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for third-party vendors and production partners, identifying and documenting integration points with third party solutions.
- Growing and maintaining our network of Technical suppliers to enable rapid scaling.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of technical management or senior development experience.
- Previously held a Technical Director role.
- Experience working on large and complex interactive projects with multidisciplinary creative and technical teams.
- Experience with short production timelines, hard deadlines, and moving targets.
- Experience setting up and maintaining development and deployment pipelines, including familiarity with Webpack, Rollup, npm, gulp, GIT, Yarn and Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Deep understanding of hosting and domain setup and management, network infrastructures and protocols, web security, server-side architectures and back-end strategies for a wide variety of situations, with familiarity with AWS and GCP.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to maintain composure and focus when the escalating demands of work rear up like a rampant wildebeest.
- Unbounding optimism and the desire to achieve the impossible!
- Experience with Three.js / GLSL / React Native / Unity.
- Any other visually driven development languages.
Impossible BureauUnited StatesThe OpportunityImpossible Bureau is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled developer to join our team, with the opportunity to either work out of our studio in Salt Lake City, or remotely in the United States or around the world. Ideally you’re a fu...