United States / September 17 2019
Watson Design Group is an award-winning creative boutique specializing in digital storytelling, online development, and social media. We are imaginative, innovative, and driven by our passion for interactive design and community engagement. Projects we've brought to life include campaigns for A Ghost Story, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and the Isle of Dogs. We've had the pleasure of working with clients from FX, A24, Netflix, Disney, Riot Games, Fox Searchlight and are constantly looking forward to creating new, exciting digital marketing and social initiatives. We are not afraid to challenge ourselves and push the envelope of what's possible, setting our goals high and keeping our eye on the digital horizon.
We are looking for a Technical Director to provide technical leadership and inspiration to our team. Reporting to the Executive Creative Director and Founder, this position will spearhead the development and maintenance of a variety of projects and R&D efforts. You are responsible for supporting and guiding the creative team with technical insights and executable approaches. You are able to define the techniques and platforms we develop against as well as write the technical specs we use to establish the scope of our work.
The ideal candidate is an experienced development team lead. You're an excellent communicator capable of discussing technical ideas in a digestible way with creatives and account managers, and in-depth with developers. You are security and performance-oriented, you follow best practices, and your logic is flawless. You care about architectures and know-how to document your projects through industry standards. Your technical and creative input will play a vital part in delivering innovative products for our clients.
You will work in conjunction with the Biz Dev team to close new business relationships and actively participate in business development efforts: proposals, project estimation, scoping and resource allocation.
The Technical Director will play an active role in building and managing the development team, creating quarterly and yearly goals to ensure the team members continue to grow and see new challenges.
You have a proven track record of mentoring and motivating teams, communicating effectively and directly with clients as well as internal teams. Ability to work collaboratively with frontend and backend development to deliver visually stunning user-experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to grow within a creative team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
*Applicants with visa requirements will be considered
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Someone who loves learning new technologies, languages, platforms, and approaches.
- Looking for new technology and best practices and helping to educate the larger team.
- Present and share new (technical) opportunities with your colleagues
- Understand your client's core business, perspective, and requirements for the product you are developing.
- Capable of developing prototypes or proof of concept applications to demonstrate feasibility, or to help bring creative ideas to life.
- Create accurate estimations for new and innovative projects by analyzing functionalities, risks and approaches.
- Experience working with large scale production tech stacks, fluent in various popular hosting environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google App Engine.
- Experience working with Containers and SaaS tools. Ability to configure and perform CI/CD tasks.
- Be the absolute owner of the latest techniques around Node/Express, PHP, MySQL, MVC framework & web services.
- Good understanding of a wide range of technologies ranging from front end and back end development, DevOps, to AI and 3D programming.
- Understand the principles of frontend development by understanding HTML, CSS and browser capabilities.
- Master of collaborative development tools.
- Follow best development procedures, facilitate code reviews, approvals, and various automation procedures.
- Understand the importance, and implement testing and automated processes
- Provide technical and conceptual input towards your interdisciplinary (developers, designers, producers) team and the client throughout the development process
- You must be a strong leader with good intuition, problem-solving skills, and a collaborative work ethic.
- You should be able to develop a strong sense of trust with internal and client teams.
- Able to lead multiple projects simultaneously while also directing and collaborating on pitches and new business requirements.
- Create and maintain easily digestible and functional project documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Over 5 years of professional experience as a lead developer.
- Past experience working at an agency or similar digital/Tech industry environment
- Experience with various agile development methodologies.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills.
- Mastery in a wide range of frontend and backend languages and frameworks.
- Experience and working knowledge of various social platforms and applications.
- Proficiency in security, performance, accessibility, and SEO standards.
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and Google App Engine.
- Graphics Programming (WebGL, UE, OpenFrameworks, Unity).
- Interactive Installation Work.
- Voice UI Applications on Alexa or Google Home.
- Lens Studio and/or Spark AR.
- Large scale web platform builds.
B-Reel Creative Agency, Inc.United StatesB-Reel LA is looking for an experienced full stack developer to join the team. We partner with tech giants and startups alike, even launching our own products and services from concept to market. Our output spans a wide spectrum of the latest emergin...