Shopify Plus DeveloperFULL-TIME REMOTE
United States / September 28 2021
La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, PSD Underwear and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
At La Jolla Group, eCommerce is a shared-services division, consolidating strategic direction, operations, digital marketing, development, buying and merchandising, planning, customer service, and photo studio into a single department to help all brand groups within the organization scale quickly and effectively, offering enterprise-level solutions to complex digital challenges. We are looking for a Shopify Plus Developer to build best-in-class eCommerce experiences on Shopify Plus. We would like someone who not only brings the necessary skills to build robust and complex Shopify stores and features, but also with the experience and creativity to think outside of the box as complicated project challenges arise. The ideal candidate will not only be able to showcase their development work in Shopify, but also demonstrate the successful resolution of complex problems they were tasked to solve.
The Shopify Plus Developer will work closely with the internal UX/UI team and external agency partners to bring designs to life, creating exceptional eCommerce experiences: from perfectly-crafted landing pages to high-converting product detail pages. Proven experience working in Shopify and Shopify Plus with current site examples and portfolio are required – no other applicants will be considered.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as in-house developer, collaborating cross-functionally to bring eCommerce ideas to life
• Understand and manage complex Shopify solutions including the Theme Structure
• Manage and maintain integrations across the Shopify App ecosystem
• Develop new features and implement the prioritized application backlog
• Develop conversion and feature optimization tests to improve the KPIs driving site and business performance
• Work closely with UX/UI designers to translate and implement new designs and interactive front-end experiences, and ensure the feasibility of UI designs
• Translate technical requirements and mockups into fully functioning sites using HTML/CSS/JS
• Help Project/Product Managers to come up with solutions and approaches to achieve new business requirements
• Develop and improve online experiences across brand groups with up-to-date eCommerce best practices for mobile and desktop
• 3+ years of work experience developing in Shopify/Shopify Plus, demonstrated in a portfolio
• Proven track record and examples of experience developing in Shopify using Liquid
• Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
• A deep understanding of using Shopify’s various public APIs
• Proficiency using libraries and frameworks such as Bootstrap and React
• Proficiency using build tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Theme Kit)
• Proficiency working with version control systems (i.e. Git) within the command line.
• Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
• Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
• Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
• Proficiency with extracting assets from Creative (e.g. PSD, XD, INDD and AI files)
• Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
• Experience building ADA compliant web builds
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passion For Design – capable of understanding and creating and leveraging modern design practices in builds where creative is otherwise not provided
• Familiarity with developing third-party software within the Shopify application ecosystem
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
• Experience Sketch, Invision, or Adobe XD
• Proficient in setting up development and staging environments.
• Proficient in using and altering MySQL databases
• Familiarity with domain management and DNS records
• Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall work environments
NICE TO HAVE:
• Familiarity with digital marketing/advertising and the role development plays.
• Familiarity with other web languages such as PHP/Ruby
• Familiarity in working with cloud data servers such as AWS and GCP
• Proficient in systems administrative tasks, such as cache setup/configuration, server load balancing, CDN technologies, etc.
ZypsyUnited States REMOTEZypsy is looking for a UX Design Lead, who will help us develop top-quality digital products for new and upcoming startups. You will lead and direct all aspects of the design process, help grow our capabilities at Zypsy and push the edges of the disc