United States / October 31 2019
Bluecadet is seeking a Senior Visual Designer to play a core role in shaping a project’s creative trajectory from early concept to implementation. The candidate should be ready for hands-on work at every stage of our project’s lifecycle, from brainstorming original concepts with the project team, to crafting design systems and leading client presentations.
Bluecadet is a seriously collaborative work environment. Senior Designers need to work across disciplines on a daily basis, from creative technology to content development, all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- Expert knowledge of essential design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Proficiency in After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya and/or 3ds Max a plus
- Knowledge and interest in digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- 3-5 years of visual design experience in an agency environment
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of typography, color, composition and UI
- Experienced in collaborating across design, motion, architectural and technical disciplines
- Experience with concepting, planning and documentation of graphic design projects in the context of the built environment, including experience coordinating with spatial designers, fabricators or graphic producers
- A great attitude and a lack of ego
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to design direction and working with input from our creative directors
- Craft exceptional visual responses to design concepts and strategy
- Create cross-platform user-centric work that is appropriate to the client, audience, and its location.
- Contribute to the production of your design in all phases, delivering polished work with an appropriate sense of urgency and minimal oversight
- Serve as a reliable creative partner to content, motion, architectural and technical disciplines through all phases of project work
- Collaborate with and support technical team in translation of design to technical execution
- Partner with and mentor junior designers
- Stays up to date on emerging technologies/industry trends that improve product development and end-user experience. Shares knowledge and applies that knowledge to projects.
- Present design and lead client meetings.
- Integrate messaging, color, imagery, type, media and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Bluecadet is an Emmy-winning experience design studio that collaborates with the world’s leading cultural organizations to craft products and spaces that entertain, educate, and inspire. We leverage design and technology to help our clients tell their stories and engage their audiences with powerful experiences that build empathy and encourage engagement.