Senior Creative DeveloperFULL-TIME REMOTE
January 14 2022
We help clients solve business problems by fusing creativity, innovation, strategy, and craft. Comprised of Stink Films and Stink Studios, Stink is a global creative network in advertising, technology and entertainment. We launched in London in 2009 with a team of five. Today, we’re one of the world’s most awarded creative studios. We have offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Shanghai, São Paulo, and Berlin, with a few more on the way. With our non-rostered approach to content creation, we take a different route to quality and craft. Our talented in-house team and our ever-expanding facilities allows us to be solutions-oriented whilst still retaining focus on the end product. The tiniest things can make the biggest difference. Whether it’s presentations, prototypes, insights, designs or code, we focus on the small details because that’s often where the magic is.
You love technology. You love to read about it and you love to discuss it. You think beautiful, maintainable code and beautiful, moving presentation are the baseline of any project you work on. Your skills and experience mean you know a lot, but don’t act like a know-it-all. You crave a new challenge to grow in, and want to have real influence and impact on how you and your teammates think about and implement technology.
You are an experienced self-motivated developer, with expertise in modern frontend web technologies and workflows. You have built and owned parts of an application at every point in the stack and are as comfortable working in the shell as you are with polishing perfectly recreated design and motion in the browser. You have participated in different development workflows, and understand when some of them are applicable and when they are not. You are a capable and motivated communicator, who is always available to help those more junior than you and ready to learn something you hadn’t seen before. You are aware of your limitations, and have the war wounds that taught you to always give prudent estimates. You embrace personal growth.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of the technology team in the Americas alongside other developers, designers, producers, art directors, writers, UX designers and strategists;
- Serve as a lead developer working on a wide range of projects, ensuring project code is kept to a high standard;
- Collaborate with the tech team to ensure coding best practices are clearly documented and up to date;
- Stay up to date on new technologies and participate in continual learning, helping colleagues with granular development problems;
- Clearly communicate time estimates, scope, and constraints in order to creatively problem solve and achieve desired goals;
- Audit design and UX from a logical standpoint to anticipate potential problems;
- Comfortably work with other major backend languages (i.e. Python, Ruby), in the shell, infrastructure concepts (global delivery, load balancing, etc.), web design tools and how to precisely recreate design in code.
- This position requires expert knowledge with frontend technologies (including React, React frameworks, modern CSS, etc.), modern development workflows, node.js and solid knowledge of hosting platforms (GCP, AWS, Netlify, Vercel, etc.), CI/CD tools and concepts, GitHub and other major development platforms, vanilla HTML/JS/CSS web stack, software engineering concepts as applied to web development.
Must be able to share relevant, recent projects on GitHub and provide examples of your code that you’ve actively contributed to.
Secret SauceREMOTESecret Sauce is a boutique design firm with a focus on digital technology startups. We collaborate with our clients in creating cutting-edge brands, digital experiences (websites and products), strategic positioning, and comprehensive design support.
AnkorstoreUnited Kingdom REMOTEAbout AnkorstoreAt Ankorstore, we believe that local independent retailers have a great impact on the soul of our cities and villages, and we believe that they will flourish even more if they are provided with great tools and exceptional shopping con