Senior Back-End DeveloperFULL-TIME
Netherlands / September 15 2021
Want to work on some of the most interesting brands across the globe, producing digital experiences of the highest standard, and have fun while doing it? At Superhero Cheesecake we work with creative minds at modern brands who want to collaborate with an all star team.
Is the pursuit of perfection what gets you out of bed in the morning? Do smooth animations and beautiful transitions get you excited? Are you just as passionate about the design as you are about the code?
If you answered yes, then what are you waiting for? Your dream job isn’t going to apply for itself, we need you to do that part ;)
About the job
As a Senior Back-end Developer you are a key player within our team, making sure challenging projects are fully functional, innovative, and perform to perfection on every level, with the ability to scale up and down if necessary. You inspire the team to use state-of-the-art techniques and make sure we never drop our standards. Due to our fast-paced industry there's great freedom to choose new cutting-edge technology on every project, ranging from CMS driven platforms, to server side video rendering and AI/Machine Learning.
It’s also important to us that we allow you to develop, both as a person and in your career. As a growing company we offer several opportunities to learn and advance yourself within Superhero Cheesecake. We care about continuously training our team members to become top notch developers, and our regular back and front-end code review meetings ensure that everybody can learn from mistakes and get up to speed with best practices and the latest techniques!
Our Tech Stack
php, nodejs, laravel, aws, unit-testing, integration-testing, git, linux, nginx, apache, elasticsearch, tensorflow, beanstalkd, composer-php, mysql, rest, apiary.io, ssh, git-flow, continuous-deployment
- 5 years of proven experience.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with PHP frameworks (such as Laravel)
- Knowledge of setting up scalable high performance applications
- Proficiency in the English language
- Bonus points for these skills:
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI (TensorFlow)
- Experience with NodeJS applications
- 24 days’ paid leave, plus 6 public holidays (on average)
- Pension plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Loads of opportunities grow in your career
- Access to conferences
- Multicultural, diverse, and super-duper friendly team (you’ll see!)
Our temporarily-on-hold office perks (there's life after Covid... stay strong!)
- Daily healthy lunch provided and enjoyed as a team
- Fruit, snacks, and a fully stocked fridge
- Monthly social events
- Phenomenal work environment, comfy ergonomic chairs & on-site massages
- Walking distance to Amsterdam city center
During and after Covid
Like most of the world, we’re currently socially distancing and working from the comfort of our homes (and pyjamas). Once it’s 110% safe to do so, we plan to return to our offices.
Diversity and inclusion
At Superhero Cheesecake our culture is very open. We want our staff to lose their inhibitions and come to work 100% themselves. Support and inclusivity go without saying.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Senior Back-End Developer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
ZypsyUnited States REMOTEZypsy is looking for a UX Design Lead, who will help us develop top-quality digital products for new and upcoming startups. You will lead and direct all aspects of the design process, help grow our capabilities at Zypsy and push the edges of the disc