Australia / November 24 2020
StarRez is the market leader in residential community management. Our platform empowers thousands of housing professionals – helping them manage the living experiences of over 2 million residents within their communities. We deliver a broad and constantly evolving product suite.
We are looking to hire an experienced Product Designer to join us in Melbourne. If you are driven – positive, motivated, and have a strong desire to succeed + grow within the role and with the company – then keep on reading!
As a Product Designer at StarRez you will:
- Work with cross-functional product teams to create and deliver design solutions that are technically viable and deliver value
- Create innovative UX and UI solutions that inspire our teams and customers
- Own design problems and their solutions from start to finish
- Ensure our designs solve our customer's needs, by involving customers in our design process and always advocating for users within the business
- Iterate, test, and refine solutions to ensure our end products solve user problems
- Promote best practice amongst the company
- Encourage others to develop confidence in, and contribute to, the design process
- Identify opportunities and help conduct research, to help us better understand problems and test solutions
- Always consider accessibility, ensuring our solutions not only comply with accessibility guidelines but are truly user-friendly for all
- Foster an attitude of collaboration
Here's what we'd like to see:
- You have a degree in design or comparable on-the-job experience.
- 5+ years of design experience
- Portfolio and case studies demonstrating excellence in SaaS product design
- Ideally, you have experience working in cross-functional product teams using agile
- Experience working with or developing design systems and design documentation
- You work with development teams during the build to ensure your designs are implemented to the highest standard
- You can clearly define problems and frame design decisions with rationale, data, and research insights to increase the potential for product success.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to articulate your thinking to other team members.
- Comfortable at all levels of design from concept (sketching concepts, designing flows, building prototypes) through to the granular details (polishing final designs)
- You’re proactive, approachable, adaptable, and collaborative. You love to truly understand problems so you can develop effective design solutions.
Benefits of working at StarRez
StarRez is committed to keeping their employees engaged, challenged and rewarded! We're pleased to have a 4.2 Glassdoor rating.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible working arrangements
- World-class open office spaces
- Stand up desks
- Participation in the StarRez Cares program
- Regular team events
- Complimentary Friday lunches
- Professional development opportunities
If you want to join an innovative company that allows you to share your knowledge and embrace the latest in technology to make a difference, make sure you apply now!