United Kingdom / June 10 2019
We are looking for a full-time digital designer with experience of creating interfaces, prototypes and social media content.
Marketcolor is a creative content agency based in London. In the last 12 months we have worked with Conde Nast, Google, Oxford University and some of the world’s leading financial services companies.
Visit us online to see recent work and announcements: Instagram.com/marketcolor
Our job is creative which means we don’t sit on top of a specific vertical, like Facebook or Twitter. Wherever our client’s client is, that’s where we work. That often means we create motion graphics and landing pages, but just as often it means we are redesigning PowerPoint slides and proofing large-scale print runs.
As part of the internal design team you’ll be working with a variety of brands in different sectors.
What will you be doing?
- Creating icons, illustrations, layouts, prototypes and anything else required by developers
- Providing inspiration and guidance on content creation for web projects
- Working closely with our creative, front-end and producers to deliver beautiful digital experiences
- Supporting wider team in ensuring the user experience principles are maintained in user interface throughout projects
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics
- An enthusiastic designer that understands responsive requirements
- One to three years' agency experience
- Solid creative work, particularly work for/within agencies is highly desirable. We rate experience, attitude, and common sense over formal qualifications
- Experience working on large and complex interactive projects with multidisciplinary creative and technical teams
- Experience with short production timelines, hard deadlines and agency demands.
- A solid understanding of interactive web technologies
- An uncontrollable desire to solve problems and make things
- A keen eye for reading clients and team members, and tailoring your management approach to suit their needs
- The flexibility to respond to changing project, client and business demands
- A stickler for details
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to maintain composure and focus when the escalating demands of work are mounting
Also, if you have experience working in financial services, education and the publishing sectors, this could be the role for you and an opportunity to propel your UI/UX Design career.
The tools we use - Essential:
- Principle (or equivalent prototyping tool)
The tools we use - Nice to have:
- Google Web Designer
- After Effects
- Sublime Text (or equivalent code editor)
- Monthly team member of the month award
- Flexible working hours
- Annual company retreat
- Performance related bonuses
- Continuous professional development budget
We are looking for people that use Dribbble, Behance and CodePen. If you browse It's Nice That, Dezeen and Desigenr News, we probably like the same things. If you aspire to win Awwwards, FWAs and Webbys, so do we.
We are hiring immediately and there will be a design challenge as part of the interview process.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Note: Please show your portfolio as part of the application and show client work wherever possible.
~ Digital design, UI, UX, Interaction design, Prototyping, Art direction ~