Lead UI DesignerFULL-TIME
United Kingdom / August 16 2022
Matter of Form is an independent, award winning brand and digital experience design consultancy for some of the worlds leading luxury brands.
This is a great opportunity to join Matter Of Form as a Lead UI Designer, concepting & designing visual experiences which are a delight to view and a joy to use.
With a love for creativity and craft, you’ll relish the chance to remain a hands-on designer, as well as overseeing projects and directing junior designers. You’ll have a proven track record in defining, enhancing and rolling out ground breaking, superbly crafted experience design while also having a passion for design systems to help with development handover. You’ll split your time between hands-on design and working alongside other team members to oversee their output, championing their successes and inspiring their growth as designers.
We love people with opinions and are keen to learn from you as much as you do from us, so if you’re the sort of person who enjoys sharing your skills and interests, even better. As important, we look for people who are good hearted - those who see their projects, clients and colleagues as much more than just profit and loss but as people, friends and peers.
We have adopted a hybrid model, so candidates must be willing to work from our London office for 2-3 days per week.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of complex digital products by overseeing & taking responsibility for a range of projects
- Where appropriate be the lead, hands-on designer, concepting and delivering boundary pushing experience design solutions
- Conduct user requirements analysis & creative research
- Define & specify user interfaces
- Design prototypes along with design specifications
- Work closely with development team to ensure design specifications are implemented
- Estimate & scope projects, guiding resource & scheduling decisions as well as defining an approach to delivery
- Once projects are in flight, take ownership of the design process, drive decisions, solve problems and push projects forward
- Communicate, present & articulate your creative thinking, concepts & designs through impactful storytelling
- Get involved with new opportunities, proposals and pitches
- Lead by example, inspire and mentor junior colleagues, helping them achieve their full potential and best work
Skills & Experience
- Experience working on digital products, with global audiences, while working in an agency or consultancy environment
- Ideally you will already have experience of taking the creative lead on projects, although this could be a great opportunity for a senior looking to make their next career move
- A portfolio which shows a breadth of client & sector experience
- Working with luxury brands is highly desirable but we also welcome candidates who simply share our passion for premiums brands and are excited by an opportunity to partner with brands who are craft-led
- Experience creating, maintaining and expanding a design system
- Expert knowledge of the tools of your trade (ie advanced-level skills in Figma & Sketch, prototyping skills)
- Strategic thinking with the ability to look at the bigger picture and offer better ways to solve problems at both a project and process level
- Extremely proactive and positive approach to work, with an abundance of enthusiasm to inspire teams and clients
- Collaborative mindset as we passionately believe the best ideas are born of working together, across disciplines