Front end developerFULL-TIME REMOTE
United Kingdom / June 14 2021
We’re on the hunt for a front-end developer with a love for digital to join us on a full-time basis. You’d be working with the team to scope and develop new websites and help maintain and enhance existing platforms.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience with Bootstrap or similar responsive framework
- Knowledge of cross browser and cross platform compatible solutions
- Experience of version control such as Git (Bitbucket and GitHub)
- Appreciation of web standards, accessibility and compliance with Google’s recommendations
- Excellent attention to detail and able to QA projects built by other members of the team
- From time to time, you may need to attend client meetings internally and externally to discuss project requirements.
- Experience with PHP, MySQL and WordPress (Advanced Custom Fields and WooCommerce)
- Domain name administration, hosting setup, SSL certificate configuration and management (through GUI such as Plesk or CPanel)
- Knowledge of .NET or Umbraco would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of React JS
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console.
To be part of the team you’ll need:
- To have an impressive portfolio or links to websites you’ve created to demonstrate your skills
- Be a champion of clean code
- Be target driven
- Be organised and able to juggle multiple tasks
- Be a people person working with different types of clients from all industries
- To have outstanding attention to detail
- To have excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about digital
- Be a problem solver and be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be a team player with a good sense of humour.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with agency experience or equivalent that can step straight into the challenge.
Currently we’re all working remotely, and we’ll continue to be flexible after everything returns to normal to help with a work/home life balance. However, we are ideally looking for someone that can come to the office a couple of days each month to really be part of the team. Our studio is situated in a little village called Ulcombe, near Maidstone (just off Junction 8 of the M20). You’ll need a car to get here as we are on a farm but in return, you’ll get spectacular views, a comfy office and a great team to work with.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to hear from you. Please email Sarah, our Accounts Director with a copy of your CV, your portfolio or links to websites you’ve built and why you want to join The Hideout!