United States / October 06 2021
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and of future health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences. Our creative team includes video producers, editors, designers, animators, data journalists, scriptwriters and coders who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced, and supportive work environment.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Bloomberg Media Studios is searching for a full-time Design Director who can take on the creation of impeccable, thoughtful design that pushes boundaries with strong conceptual roots.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Conceive creative ideas that sit at the intersection of client objectives and Bloomberg’s proprietary data and editorial/news offering
- Design elegant, bespoke digital experiences that express ideas in collaboration with our writers and creative technologists
- Transform complex ideas into through compelling data visualization and stories
- Establish visual systems for storytelling across formats – video, social, live events
- Uphold the highest quality of work, translating the latest shifts in digital design for a Bloomberg audience, while adhering to UX/UI best practices
- Participate in proactive proposals and brainstorms that push the Studio’s unique value for clients
- Communicate the vision and rationale of the work to external and internal teams in an articulate and compelling manner
- Function as both an individual contributor as well as a director when working with our network of partners and freelance resources
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 7-10 years of experience design and strong interactive and video work experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a senior art/design/creative director
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and web design software (Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD)
- Highly collaborative approach with our team of writers, editors and animators
- Fluency across deliverables that fit with a cross-channel approach (style frames and/or storyboards for video, screen states for immersive experiences etc)
- Impeccable design portfolio demonstrating a mix of digital, print, and motion graphics
- Ability to provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Experience working with Strategy teams to synthesize results into meaningful design decisions
- Experience developing creative for RFPs including mocks, mood boards, and written ideas
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ZypsyUnited States REMOTEZypsy is looking for a UX Design Lead, who will help us develop top-quality digital products for new and upcoming startups. You will lead and direct all aspects of the design process, help grow our capabilities at Zypsy and push the edges of the disc