Australia / November 19 2020
Who We Are
Nightjar is a strategic design and technology studio based in Sydney, specialising in UX strategy, design, and innovation. We partner with brands and startups across the world, to build engaging design-led solutions which make a global impact. Our clients include THE ICONIC, Destination NSW, EVENT Entertainment & Hospitality, Optus, ReachOut, Sneaker Freaker and Secret-7 to name a few.
Nightjar is a close knit team and you will be relied upon to be a contributing and involved member in terms of both your work output but also your attitude, work ethic, and sense of adventure!
Nightjars are a special breed; we push ourselves to create work that gets results, and as a team we break through the barrier of convention to deliver original, impactful experiences. We are passionate above all else, and you will need to demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm for solving problems and the work that goes out the door.
We are looking for an experienced creative React Native Developer, you will work on a 6/8 week project with the Nightjar team to create an iOS and Android app for a wellbeing startup. The Nightjar technical team will be on hand to assist you with infrastructure, CI/CD setup and guidance on architecture, alongside the production management team to manage timings and progress.
- Experience delivering world-class React Native apps for Google Play and Apple app stores. Please provide your portfolio of work when applying for this role.
- Solid experience on Firebase Authentication, Cloud Firestore, Functions and Messaging
- Experience using Expo, Bitrise a bonus
- Ability to write up technical specifications and clearly documenting project setup
- Knowledge on debugging, testing and handling different environments (Staging, UAT and production) for mobile projects
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, GraphQL a bonus
- Extremely detailed in technical approach taking into account the design principles
- Knowledge in animation libraries and techniques - you’ll love a good micro-interaction
- Experience in building fault-tolerant, high performance client-side architecture - Unit, e2e and performance testing software under load to ensure reliability and scalability
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Familiarity with code versioning tools - Git
- Disciplined with your time and be a solid communicator, ensuring the rest of the team are kept abreast of project statuses and any outstanding deliverables.