Creative Frontend Developer (medior/senior)FULL-TIME REMOTE
Netherlands / August 11 2022
Become the creative digital artist of our projects at dentsuACHTUNG! as a full-time Creative Front-end Developer in Amsterdam. We are a creative agency with a team of roughly 100 creatives, designers, strategists, producers, developers and creators. We strive for thoughtful and useful design, with the highest standard in creativity and execution.
Our development team in Amsterdam makes the most beautiful headless solutions for our customers. As our projects continue to grow, so does the demand for beautifully designed, snappy front-end solutions. That's why we need you.
At dentsuACHTUNG! we create innovative digital products, campaigns, tv-commercials, branding identities and rapid prototype interactive physical experiences... There’s no limit to our ambitions and no boundaries we fear. We offer an open atmosphere and an equal playing ground with little hierarchy, so expect to influence and be influenced!
The job in a nutshell
- Front-end development on challenging projects in React/Vue
- No strict technical stack, we choose how we develop together
- Design driven development, everything you build will stand out.
- The guarantee that no project will bore you
- The ability to go beyond just web or applications and prototype experimental technology with our clients.
We're looking for an experienced creative frontend developer with exceptional skill in web technology, fluency in design and a passion for animation and movement. Someone who can deliver top quality production code, yet loves to tinker and try out new things wherever exciting.
This is a very important role for our company as we are currently expanding our development team. You will need to have plenty of experience under your belt in order to champion how we design, prove and build technology through your own unique perspective.
We don’t mess around with boring, basic sites. As a full multidisciplinary agency, we design what we build, and we design with a ridiculous amount of love and attention to detail. Here, you will be able to create work you are truly proud of.
Code will be just one of many of your brushes however - In this role you’ll get involved in everything from concepting new products & experiences, consulting colleagues on tech feasibility, taking part in innovation sprints and building rapid prototypes & POC’s. In other words, you'll be the beating heart of design driven technology.
- Create and realise captivating React based websites and applications with top of class animation and movement.
- Creating and refining product outlines, as well as developing prototypes.
- Brainstorming concepts with the design team.
- Demonstrating and testing prototypes and completed applications.
- Incorporating user feedback into tech solutions.
- Performing debugging procedures, code improvement, and re-designing tasks.
- Documenting development processes, procedures, application version histories and ongoing support.
- Keeping abreast with advancements in application design and novel technology.
As an agency that highly values diversity, curiosity and collaborations, we are open to people from different professional and education backgrounds. However, the ideal person for this role would at least fit the following criteria:
- A nice person.
- You believe technology/development is more than just building something to requirements - it needs to be magical, beautiful and connect to the brand.
- Although you won't be responsible for visual design, you have an eye for it and a passion for adding secret creative sizzle to everything you make.
- You can convincingly articulate your process, ideas and solutions to challenging problems.
- A hands on, entrepreneurial mentality. Creative problem solving is how you roll.
- Able to function independently but even more crucially, work seamlessly in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a non-hierarchical work environment.
Frontend Developer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Confident proficiency in dynamic languages, web frameworks, and multiple APIs (Eg: NextJS).
- A compelling online portfolio of distinctive work that spans product & service design and clearly demonstrates your role within the project.
- Able to set-up an efficient workflow and production pipeline.
- Superb collaboration and communication skills.
- Command of the English language
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bonus Points! for any of the following:
- Prior experience working in an agency.
- Experience with WebGL/Three.js and shader programming
- Knowledge of a 3D modelling software such as Cinema 4D, Blender, Autodesk Maya
All the perks
This role is based in Amsterdam in our shiny new office in the Houthavens. Of course, you are welcome to work from home whenever this suits you as well. As an employee of dentsuACHTUNG! you will also get:
- Healthy lunch and drinks when at the office
- Really, really good coffee from the back of an old VW bus
- The weirdest video call booths in town (you wont need no filters)
- Awesome parties you will try really, really hard to remember
- Ability to work remotely
- An M1 macbook pro (or a preferred PC)
- A widescreen at your workspace
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Front-end Developer? Then we'd love to hear about you!