Sweden / September 15 2021
At Proposales, we're on a mission to shape the future of business proposals, replacing static documents by defining a new online standard fully powered by web technology (literally, a piece of internet infrastructure).
We care deeply about design. For us, it's both how it works and how it looks. Even our first prototype had randomised delightful messages showing up. Proposales is a workflow tool, where speed, interactions, and smart details matter. We are designing it carefully, to be powerful yet minimalistic and delightful, to earn people’s trust of being a big part of their workday.
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned designer who loves to operate at the intersection of brand and product and who wants to build a design function from scratch at a rapidly growing startup founded by a product designer (now CEO and Head of Product).
We’re big fans of brands like Slack, Dropbox, Klarna, Squarespace — and are ready to take Proposales to the next level when it comes to branding and design. The domain for the design function is registered (proposales.design), and now we’re waiting for you to own this function.
Joining a company early is exciting, not only will you be part of defining the vision, as one of our first employees, you will also receive a competitive package, including salary, stock option program, wellbeing grant, and much more.
- Lead & own the brand and design across the whole company, including marketing, sales and product.
- Shape the design culture at Proposales that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our product and brand.
- Strategically oversee the end-to-end brand positioning to ensuring consistency across all of our communication channels.
Some of your focus areas will be:
- Ensuring design excellence: You’ll be a hands-on designer who can teach best practices within your team. You’ll play a leading role in evolving our internal design system as well as our tone of voice. Contributing to the overall product and design direction of the whole company. We expect a broad set of design skills and the ability to create high-quality designs and interactions.
- Road-map planning and prioritisation: You’ll help the team focus on the needs of our customers. By understanding those needs you’ll help them determine which projects will be most impactful, and by defining project scope, you’ll help them prioritise and manage their work.
- Building your team: You’ll help your (currently small but growing) team to work together and bring out individual strengths. You’ll put in place the structures you feel your team needs and communicate effectively. You’ll also play an active part in hiring, onboarding and growing your team to increase your capacity to take on bigger challenges.
A bit about you:
- You've been an early hire at a fast-growing SaaS start-up before, preferably in the Growth, Design or Product function
- Passion for branding, design and digital products
- Never-ending curiosity for the best in class solutions in the field of UX, UI and interactions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Expressing ideas through visuals and prototyping
- Experience with design systems, programming and using technical tools