|August 25 2023||Design||United States||FULL-TIME||REMOTE|
Business is the chemistry of innovation meeting the right audience. Design introduces them. But science companies often struggle with this clarity because technical complexity keeps the best designers from working in this sector.
We started Bunsen to correct this error. We believe that the companies doing the most human-centric work should have the highest level of design and messaging to support their growth and fuel their innovation.
Our team is made of folks with backgrounds across VC, PR, Marketing, Design, and Dev. We hail from 5 countries (and growing) and are all co-committed to doing something different with our design practice — something that matters. Sound interesting, read on.
What we’re looking for
We are in search of a Creative Director who embodies these skills and experiences to lead our dedicated team of designers, writers, and developers. As CD of a small and growing studio, we’re looking for the kind of person that can flex and step in where needed. You’re directing, and your designing. You’re guiding aesthetic, and you’re showing the team how it’s done.
In the role of Creative Director, you will be tasked with guiding our creative team to design and implement top-tier digital creative solutions for our clients. We require someone who is a strategic thinker, adept at leading a team capable of simplifying intricate scientific concepts into engaging and effective creative assets, including websites, decks, brands, and sales materials.
You will collaborate with our User Experience Strategists, Brand Designers, Web Designers, Developers, and Project Managers to curate exceptional brand and marketing experiences for clients in deep tech and science sectors.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include collaborating with members of the team to ensure a smooth and enjoyable client experience, ensuring their needs and business goals are consistently met throughout the creative process.
- Guide the creative team in developing and executing outstanding digital creative solutions for Bunsen clients, demonstrating creativity and visionary thinking.
- Establish and uphold creative standards, processes, and guidelines for the team.
- Support the design team members with quarterly individual and group review meetings for ongoing improvement, fostering resilience and adaptability.
- Develop and present creative pitches to clients, utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Support sales by attending sales meetings and selling creative ideas to win new work, exhibiting a passion for creativity and innovation.
- Support Bunsen being at the highest standard and the front edge of what kinds of marketing and design will be impactful and effective for our clients, and for our own portfolio and marketing
- Manage client relationships, ensuring their needs are met throughout the creative process, demonstrating strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to effectively present and sell through work by providing strong rationale’s, POV’s and recommendations during client calls and in slack or email communication
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Work creatively with Project Management to assess and navigate client challenges, seeking resolutions that align with our ethos and business needs.
- Mentor and inspire the design team members to foster innovation, risk-taking, and continual improvement in their work.
- Nurture a collaborative and creative work environment where team members can grow in skill, creative maturity, and curiosity
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside contractors and vendors to support flexibility within the team
- Provide constructive feedback to team members who need to grow in skill, demonstrating resilience and adaptability.
- Continually develop a strong perspective on Bunsen’s unique approach to design in the science sector, staying abreast of industry trends and adapting to changing consumer preferences.
- Regularly report to the company leadership about the status of the creative team and project health.
- Keep an eye out for vulnerabilities in the team and with leadership assess changes that need to be made to adapt the team and keep our team clear headed, collaborative, creative, and innovative.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a creative leadership role at a digital agency
- Strong understanding of the latest digital creative trends and technologies.
- You’ve led teams, you understand what it takes to be a thoughtful and compassionate leader while also knowing how to make hard decisions
- You’ve worked as a designer and know how to speak the language of your team because you’ve been there
- It would be helpful if you’ve had experience running your own agency and a demonstrated ability to navigate and negotiate with situational awareness
Time: This is a full-time opportunity.
Compensation: A full-time role would start at $200k - $300k USD depending on experience.
Find many more
8 days ago
9 days ago
1 month ago
1 month ago