BitTorrent is looking for a Web Developer
BitTorrent is the world’s largest peer-based technology company. We’ve created a globally recognized ecosystem of technology protocols, consumer software, and electronics devices that help people find, share and move digital media. Our technologies are used by hundreds of millions of people around the world and drive between 20% and 40% of global Internet traffic.
We are a profitable, multi-national company that is backed by some of the world's leading investors, including Accel Partners (Facebook, Groupon, Dropbox, AdMob, etc.) and DCM (About.com, Foundry Networks, Sling Media, Clearwire, etc). Our company is led by a team of proven entrepreneurs that have generated billions of dollars in shareholder returns. We're looking for talented and motivated people to join our rapidly growing team.
BitTorrent offers a unique and compelling work environment. We are proponents of the open Internet and we serve one of the largest user demographics in history. We take these responsibilities seriously and hire accordingly. We work with only the brightest engineers and the most talented business people we can find. Everyone on our team is here to do meaningful work with broad reaching impact. We have a fun yet challenging work environment that fosters diversity, creativity and teamwork. Our team members receive industry leading salaries, stock options, premium benefits, and state-of-the-art offices in San Francisco’s SOMA district.
BitTorrent.com and uTorrent.com are top 15 internet properties and if you like to see your work in front of millions of users this might the the right role for you. As a Web Developer, you’ll be part of our Marketing team and work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver beautiful and engaging design and user experiences in the form of top-notch, bulletproof HTML, CSS, and JS.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating closely with interaction designers, visual designers, and engineers to deliver beautiful and engaging web experiences
- Developing and maintaining in-house front-end frameworks and modular solutions
- Managing your own workflow, documentation, and deadlines on multiple projects
- Being extremely attentive to detail and architectural on approach to development
Ideal candidates will posses a strong combination of the following experience:
- 3+ years web development experience
- Standards-compliant code that functions cross-browser (IE7+)
- Responsive web design and grid Layouts
- CSS pre-processors (Less/Sass)
- Version control (git)
- PHP (Experience with Zend framework a plus)
- Progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (Experience with Sketch.app a plus)
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager/Webmaster Tools/Analytics a plus
How to Apply
Please Apply Here: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oK4bZfwI&s=awwwards