Watson Design Group is an award-winning digital creative boutique specializing in digital storytelling and online development- we are imaginative, innovative, and driven by our passion for interactive design. Projects we've brought to life include viral campaigns such as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire's Capitol Couture and the Trance experience site, as well as smaller, integrated elements like the Almost Human Meet your MX site and ADHD's Face GIFer. We've had the pleasure of working with clients from Disney to Fox Searchlight, Lionsgate to Universal, and are constantly looking forward to creating new, exciting digital marketing initiatives. We are not afraid to challenge ourselves and push the envelope of what's possible, setting our goals high and keeping our eye on the digital horizon.
We are seeking a creative and ambitious self-motivated art director with a strong interactive background- someone who can visualize the essence of a project and take it from "good idea" to a brilliant execution. We want someone who is up-to-date with the latest technology and implementing it to tell compelling stories, always striving for perfection and looking for ways to make their work more exciting.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Developing and executing concepts
• Providing initial designs, refining directions and working with developers through final delivery of a project
• Working independently, as well as collaboratively, with the Creative Director, production team and producers on a variety of projects
• Strong understanding of intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interface, motion design, navigation, and an affinity for experimental concepts
• Implement web standards and best practices
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 4+ years of interactive design experience
• Solid understanding of UI Design
• Experience in the entertainment industry is essential and you should be enthusiastic and immersed in pop culture: movies, mobile technology, games, social apps, comic books, art, music and the like
• Ability to solve complex multi-platform user experience challenges with exceptional, progressive design solutions
• A passion for executing pixel-perfect layouts and design
• A deep understanding of browser and device capabilities
• Possess a compelling online portfolio
• Good aesthetic sense, typography sense and motion design ability
• Drawing/illustration skills
• Time management: ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
• Ability to communicate visual designs and interactive concepts
• Comfortable with managing a small team
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
• Understanding of Actionscript, CSS, and HTML
• You should be passionate about designing story-led, innovative, user
experiences that are engaging, functional and fun.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with a concise cover letter.