A multi-award winning creative agency based in Sydney's CBD, Canvas Group provides strategy, design and development services to a wide range of local and international clients. Nominated for the Awwward’s Agency of the Year in 2011, we’re a small, dedicated team of designers and developers, and incredibly passionate about what we do.
Canvas Group is currently looking for an experienced, creative, full-time developer to join our team, who has a solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and MVS frameworks and design patterns.
- Extensive experience with Zend Framework and Smarty
- A thorough understanding of MySQL and SQLite
- Comfortable with SQL and handling O/R Mapping
- Sass, Compass, Less CSS experience
- Mobile development using jQuery Mobile
- HTML5 and CSS 3 experience
- CMS experience (Expression Engine 2, WordPress, Drupal)
- Understanding of APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, eWAY, PayPal, Campaign Monitor)
- Subversion/Git source management
- Comfortable with shell scripting
- Some experience with Linux servers
- Considerable experience with cross browser compatibility/testing
- Comfortable with Eclipse
- A strong eye for animation and UI.
Interpersonal and organisational skills:
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to realistically establish, and meet, deadlines and budgets
- Eager to learn, share and problem solve as part of a team.
The following would also be highly valued:
- iPhone/iPad application development with Objective-C
- Understanding of Core Framework, Open GL and Cocos 2D
- Android application development with JAVA
- Experience with other PHP frameworks such as Code Igniter and Cake PHP
- Experience with e-commerce sites
- Python and Ruby experience
- Django and Ruby on Rails experience
- Node.js experience
- Coffee Script experience
- ActionScript 3 development with PureMVC.
How to Apply
Please send a succinct CV, references and cover letter, along with a brief portfolio and/or link to your website, to email@example.com by Friday 18 January 2013. If you have previously applied for a position at Canvas Group, we would appreciate you not doing so again.