Sónar+D 2015 highlights
MarketLab is the exhibition space where the creators of the year's most outstanding technology initiatives present the projects that they have developed in creative labs, media labs, universities and businesses.
A selection of outstanding new media and sound art installations, also including some audiovisual shows and the monumental kinetic installation SonarPLANTA by ART+COM and Ólafur Arnalds.
- Talks more then 20 panels including Yancey Strickler, Kickstarter CEO on Kickstarter launches in Spain as a partner of Sónar+D, Chris Milk and Aaron Koblin explaining his new virtual reality project VRSE, Bruce Sterling will be also here rambling about the future of technology and its latest obsessions. Researches and digital platform representatives likes the panels led by Monument Valley, Vimeo, Google Creative LAB. In more specific music field, we will also have Arthur Baker explaining his last adventure as a producer of 808 The Movie, Richard Russell, XL Recording label director, PeterRehberg from label Mego founders.
- Demos technology companies showcases, including Pioneer, Ableton, Roli and Machine Love by Resident Advisor.
- Workshops activites led by delagates from Vimeo platform, Little Bits, Mute, Queen Mary University of London and Kickstarter’s Director of Outreach, among others.
- 5th edition - Music Hack Dayat Sónar: more then 100 hakers involved + presentation of 2 European Commision Electronic Music Projects.
- Start-up competition 10 start-up selected by an international jury, all over the year, they will present their project at Sónar+D and there will be awards from iternational monintor and investors platforms like SendGrid Accelerate Program, Keiretsu Forum, Talentians, among others.
Sónar+D is the International Congress of Digital Culture and Creative Technologies and one of the unmissable European events for discovering technologies, people and initiatives that show the state of the art of creativity in its multiple fields: from sound and music interaction to new narrative forms combining audiovisual, video games and the new “storytelling” platforms.
We will enjoy talks by remarkable speakers such as Indy Saha, Google Brand Director (Google Creative Lab, ideas incubator and precursor), David Cuartielles, Arduino co-founder (The value of open source), and workshops like Selling Direct with Vimeo On Demand by Jeremy Boxer, creative director at Vimeo, among other exciting activities. Don't miss it!