Senior UX/Ui Designer
Spain / January 10 2019
Elkanodata is a global information design agency based in Barcelona. We transform complex information and data into insightful, innovative and attractive user experiences. Our clients are innovative companies, international organizations and industry leaders such as Spotify, the United Nations or Stubhub.
- We are looking for a Senior UX/Ui Designer to join our Interactive Business Unit and help us develop top quality interactives, data visualizations and digital narratives:
- As a senior UX/Ui designer in the Creative team you will create impactful and visually appealing user experiences at the highest quality standards.
- You will use your robust understanding of layout, type, color and composition in the digital environment to create beautifully crafted data driven experiences through visual storytelling
- You will manage multiple projects simultaneously towards successful completion collaborating with other designers, front-end developers and Project Owners.
- You will collaborate with another Front-End Developer and another Senior Designer to create beautifully crafted interactive experiences.
What are we looking for?
- A positive mindset: Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, passion and curiosity
- A doer: You have a proven track record of getting things done.
- International background and cultural awareness: Our colleagues and customers come from many different places. You need to be able to walk a mile in their shoes and prove that you can adapt to different styles and environments.
- A resilient attitude: Our company is small but we are growing and changing fast. You want to grow with us, keep a positive mental attitude and learn and try new things along the way.
- A relationship builder: You initiate and manages working relationships with people (whether it’s customers, colleagues or suppliers) that are based on trust and openness. You are confident in challenging and being challenged in a constructive manner.
- A manager: You can coach, mentor and motivate others and can clearly communicate your passion and vision to your team.
- Someone that is fun and easy to work with. You don’t take yourself too seriously
- 5+ years of professional experience UX/Ui design in a digital agency developing top quality digital experiences. Only candidates with a strong portfolio and a proven record will be considered
- Reside in or around Barcelona?
- Expert knowledge Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Collaborative problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Agile Project Execution Methodologies.
- Experience in collaborative projects with other designers and developers.
- Good communication skills
- Experience leading & coordinating projects and teams of at least 3 people.
- Strategic thinking: Able to identify industry trends and opportunities and shape the direction of the agency in complex areas
- You have participated in projects that have won awards and/or received special recognition
- English – fluent (speaking) intermediate (writing)
Good to have:
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS
- You have experience in data visualization / information design projects.
- After Effects Skills or other animation softwares.
Competitive salaries, bonus scheme, fully flexible work hours, central location, beer fridays, fun team events, a A parking spot for your bike or motorbike (So it doesn’t get stolen whilst you work)
Elespacio Comunicación VisualSpainWe are seeking a passionate designer to join our team at the Barcelona office. The main responsibility of the role is to help with the production of online materials for our premium-brand clients. Therefore, it is required to have a good eye for deta...