United States / November 14 2019
AREA 17 is looking for a Product Strategist to join the Strategy discipline in our New York studio. As a Product Strategist, you’ll help drive the strategy and uphold the vision for the brands and digital products that we design, build and grow. The Product Strategist serves as a key driver of projects on our teams, leading multidisciplinary workstreams and guiding projects on a day-to-level in collaboration with Strategy Directors. In this role, your success is gauged through the articulation of a clear product vision including measurable KPIs, then manifested through the efficient interplay of design, technology, and branding in our final products and through our client’s achievement.
Your experience should show us that:
- You have extensive agency or digital product experience, and this is supported by the strategic and tactical skills needed to gracefully direct multiple projects for diverse clients and industries.
- You have a deep and multidisciplinary understanding of digital strategy, with a backdrop in design and development. While not hands-on with the design or development itself, your strategic frameworks and metrics chart the course for their success. Your fluency in digital processes empowers the makers on your team.
- You’re a trusted leader and an active collaborator, you inspire confidence in client executives and colleagues alike, and serve as stress reducer and proactive connector in pressure-filled situations.
- You’re an organized presenter, natural facilitator, and strategic writer capable of communicating complex ideas to very different audiences.
- You’re an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker, delivering tangible solutions with concrete results. Your track record shows a pattern of innovation despite project constraints. You’re more than theories and wild ideas -- you’ve found ways to get your ideas off the whiteboard and into the world.
As a Product Strategist, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Craft and deliver core strategy deliverables:
- Craft product and brand vision, with consultation from Strategy Directors
- Create product strategy and articulate it through clear goals and KPIs
- Ensure client business goals and user-needs are satisfied by providing feedback to design and engineering teams that vets deliverables against the product vision
- Cultivate positive client relationships as an account leader on teams:
- Help guide clients and teams to strategic product decisions both with clearly illustrated concepts and frameworks, as well as empathetic and consistent communication
- Provide valuable expertise to management-level clients, quickly building comfortable rapport
- Support prospective client engagement as needed, through crafting strategic deliverables:
- Working with our Partnerships team, you develop and present strategic RFP responses which articulate clear goals and KPIs
- Present these recommendations and concepts as needed
The Strategy Team
The Strategy team identifies actionable opportunities, and prioritizes them by value, effort and risk—we intend to start 'doing' as quickly as possible. We bring concepts and ideas into reality through the active articulation of creative, and technical ideas that ladder up to the strategic product vision aligned around business goals. Common activities include product roadmapping, conducting user research and planning content and technology.
AREA 17 is a digital product agency
As a company, we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
Benefits of working with AREA 17
At AREA 17, we believe making great work and living great lives are inextricably linked—and must work synchronously to achieve harmony. In crafting our benefit programs, we emphasize our employees’ wellness and offer competitive packages including medical, dental, and vision plans with low or no deductible; robust flexible PTO allowance; paid family leave; and subsidized transit benefits to name a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
Team ConsultingUnited KingdomWe are looking for a UX designer to join our team. Driven by a desire to make a real difference to the future of healthcare, we work with our clients to push the envelope of what can be achieved through good design. Digital products and services...
Use All FiveUnited StatesUse All Five is looking for a passionate, detail-oriented Senior Art Director with a hunger for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work for clients in the tech, hospitality, and arts+culture space.We’re looking for an Art Director who is committed to h...