Unsplash was founded with the aim of giving photographers a space to share their talent and contribute their photos for the world to download for free, without restriction. Nowadays, over 50,000 Unsplash members have managed to create a beautiful stock of 300,000 high resolution pictures for people to use under the Unsplash license.
Sharing a similair philosophy to Awwwards, Unsplash is a place to discover creative people through photography, as well as allow your work to be seen by millions. This is why we encourage the Awwwards community to participate in the Unsplash Awards.
How to participate in the Unsplash Awards
Explore the 13 photography categories where contributors can share their best photos throughout September and the following guest judges will select the winners.
13 categories, 13 judges.
- Aerial - DJI Team
- Animals & Wildlife - Miguel Cardona, Lead Designer, imgix
- Astrophotography - Chris Messina, Product Designer & Writer, chrismessina.me
- Black and White - Jared Granger, Designer, InVision
- Food and Drink - Christen Vidanovic, Social Media and Content Lead, Kodakit
- Interiors & Architecture - Oliur Rahman, Founder, UltraLinx
- Mobile Photography - Kari Clark, Product Manager, Google Live Case
- Nature and Landscapes - Brad Haynes, PM, Trips by Lonely Planet
- People and Portraits - David Lee, Chief Creative Officer, Squarespace
- Sports - GoPro Team
- Street Photography - Dwight Pirtle, Brand Digital Media Manager — Americas at Airbnb
- Tech & Business - Niv Dror, Community Manager, Product Hunt &AngelList
- Unsplash Community - A special category curated by Unsplash users
Timeline for submitting your best pic
Sept 1 — Sept 30th: Submissions open. To have your photography featured in a category, go to awards.unsplash.com.
Oct 1 — Oct 10: Curator selections
Oct 15: Announcement of featured photos
Don’t hesitate to submit your best picture!