Tech Lead Developer
|December 19 2022||Other||Spain||FULL-TIME|
We’re B-Reel — an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. Born in Sweden and with 4 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organized ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things.
In Barcelona, interesting means not being a conventional agency, mixing brand and product innovation, being thinkers and doers simultaneously and far away from the Spanish modus operandi of both clients and agencies. We work in a modern international environment for global clients who dream big, a perfect blend of high-tech companies - like Google or Twitch - and luxury brands - such as Moncler and the LVMH Group.
B-Reel Barcelona is looking for a Tech lead developer to join our expanding team - someone with broad experience working in high-end world-class campaigns and productions. Our desired candidates possess an outstanding eye for detail and execution while being an excellent team player, and eager to learn and mentor others. They should be able to translate complex designs to code and have the passion to deliver great user experiences, while always trying to improve the development process using technology that best suits the project.
We are looking for you who are a proactive and collaborative problem solver who can propose creative technical solutions and has strong opinions about tech, frameworks, and new technologies. For this role, you should also be comfortable leading projects and other team members and have outstanding organizational skills, while communicating tasks and decisions to the team, internal stakeholders, and clients.
Your role will be
- Leading projects from the concept phase to development and final delivery.
- Working closely with the creative team to identify innovative opportunities for our products.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Working closely with the Tech Director to define the technical solutions to be used based on the project specs.
- Identifying and defining the tasks and time estimates prior to the start of the development phase.
- Keeping track of the evolution of the project and communicating quickly if there are blockers or adversities that compromise delivery dates.
- Working as the main catalyst between the dev team, the producers, Brand directors and the client on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that there is documentation in place for every bit of tech the developers are working on.
- Mentoring other developers and interns to make them excel in what they are doing.
- Coding proof of concepts or demos to show the way to go to the other developers on a project basis.
- Setting the main architecture of the project as a starting point and taking responsibility for structural challenges.
- Taking ownership of a project's more complex parts, showing excellence and best coding practices.
- Ensuring that everyone in the team is heard and participates for the best outcome of our projects.
What we expect
- Broad experience working in high-end world-class campaigns and productions.
- 6+ years’ experience working as a lead developer (Master’s degree in CS or in engineering preferred) with a focus on web technologies.
- Experience with graphics programming and shading languages (Three.JS - WebGL).
- Proven experience with any of the following modern frameworks: NextJS/React, NuxtJS/Vue, Svelte.
- Experience with Android native development (Kotlin or Java).
- Development and consumption of HTTP APIs.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP and/or serverless approaches like cloud functions, or API’s (JAMStack).
- Experience with CSS pre-processors and code driven animations & transitions (GSAP or similar).
- Experience with Git working in multi-developer teams and CI/CD.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Have extensive experience developing, optimizing, profiling, and debugging applications.
- Excellent English language and communication skills.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating technological prowess, ideas and executional ability with a mix of commercial and experimental work.
Nice to have
- Server-side development experience (Node.js, PHP, serverless, etc).
- Unity/Unreal game engine experience.
- Experience with ML/AI algorithms and data models.
What we offer
- An international and positive work environment with the most talented people
- Working for modern brands on a global scale
- Hybrid Work Policy (WFH/WFO)
- Summer Fridays (finishing earlier) all year long
- 22 days of vacation + Extra days off (≈5 days every year) on top of bank holidays
- Education allowance (Budget) for attending workshops, events or conferences
- Private Health insurance, after probation period
- Whenever Wellness, promoting physical and mental activity that’s good for you: you can block time on the calendar during working hours
- B-Reel Nomad, work from any other B-Reel office (LA, NY or STO) for a period of time
- Healthy snacks, fruits and, on Fridays, “vermut" & more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Find many more
Design Director / Sr. Digital Art Director (Full-time / Freelance)About EngagedEngaged is a digital activation agency, known for delivering immersive experiences for international brands like LEGO. Our in-house production studio delivers design and development with a team of 3D artists, digital designers, motion de
5 days ago
Senior Front-end / Creative DeveloperWe are a leading digital and brand agency on a mission to create groundbreaking digital experiences. Join our passionate team as a Senior Front-end Developer and elevate your career by crafting award-winning websites and web apps.Responsibilities:Enh
16 days ago
Digital DesignerAre you a talented, ambitious and imaginative digital designer looking for a new opportunity to showcase your skills? Look no further! At Lama Lama, a creative digital agency, we are currently searching for a passionate and skilled Digital Designer t
22 days ago
Creative Front-End DeveloperAre you a talented, ambitious and curious front-end developer looking for a new opportunity to showcase your skills? Look no further! At Lama Lama, a creative digital agency, we are currently searching for a passionate and skilled Front-end Developer
22 days ago