NBC Entertainment Digital is seeking a talented UX/UI Designer to join our Design|UX+UI Team responsible for driving innovative and groundbreaking user experiences across our core, platforms, products and services. As UX/UI Designer you will design and maintain the UX flows, wireframes and annotated specifications to design usable, useful and delightful products. The UX/UI Designer will work with fellow UX|UI Team members and report directly to the UX|UI Experience Director to develop award-winning products, interfaces and experiences.
We’re looking for innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to entertain, engage and delight the millions of viewers who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
- Work closely with Design|UX+UI and Product Teams to create industry leading UX & UI across all NBC content platforms (Mobile, Web, Social, App & 10ft).
- Work with Product Managers, developers and engineers to define/deliver product experiences.
- Work with the Sr. UX/UI Designer and UX|UI Team to deliver flowcharts, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications for internal and external development teams.
- Maintain UX/UI Templates, documentation, assets, personas, design mockups, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps and experience documentation for assigned products.
- Participate in requirements definition process with Product, UXD, and Engineering Teams.
- Ensure quality of experience remains in scope AND collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
- Revise and update designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
- Develop prototypes for testing and internal/external reviews.
- 2+ years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization or digital agency.
- Experience developing mobile/multi platform & platform agnostic product interfaces.
- BA Degree or higher in Interactive Design, User Interface or User Centric Design.
- Strong HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design Methodologies & Rapid Prototyping skills required.
- Working knowledge of Omnigraffle, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, & Adobe CS required.
- Working experience with UXPin, Quartz Composer, FramerJS or related software is important.
- Experience in iOS and Android Platforms is preferred.
- Knowledge of additional platforms, motion and interface design is beneficial.
- An online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end experiences, and expertise in design principles and usability.
Willing to work long hours and weekends with short notice. Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA. Must submit to a background investigation. Must have unrestricted work authorization in the U.S.
How to Apply
Email your submission to: NBCContractRecruitment@nbcuni.com including “UX/UI Designer” in subject line. Please send your resume, online portfolio and/or PDF portfolio, and a website link.