Booking.com - planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website - is looking for the world’s smartest designers. As a member of our Front End team you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
‘Designer’ is just what it says on your CV - you’d be just as happy to be labeled an Engineer, or Analyst; a Builder, Hacker or Maker. Because what you really do, what you live for, is solving problems. Your portfolio isn’t a series of beautiful but generic templates - it’s a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm, and regret ... because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with ‘good enough.’. You’re equally comfortable discussing colour theory, user psychology, or the semantic implications of the DIV tag, you're a writer of excellent HTML & CSS. You’re excited about the endless potential of the web, and being able to build things that millions of people can use every day.
Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. You’ll be comfortable taking a data-led approach to design. You will be a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment.
- Simplicity: Good design is invisible.
- Collaboration: You’ll be working alongside developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration.
- Visual Design: Photoshop, Fireworks, Keynote, MS Paint - whatever works for you. Your process is your own; you get to decide which tools you use.
- HTML/CSS: You’ll be given full ownership of your ideas, and so you’ll be required to both create beautiful mockups/wireframes/prototypes - and implement them.
- You have a minimum of 2 years UX design experience
- You’ve Mastered front-end technologies: HTML and CSS
- You’ve got experience or are enthusiastic to work in a large e-commerce environment
- You're excited to learn how to work with our templating and version control systems.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Global relocation package, full support for you and your family
- 26 days paid vacation plus an average of 9 public holidays extra
- Discount on hotel bookings
- Opportunities to attend conferences, internal and external trainings, workshops, etc.
- Vibrant company culture, including our annual Christmas all-hands conference and year-end party!
We offer a competitive salary plus bonuses, with opportunities for career progression within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands, where you’ll be joining a team of people from all over the world who now call Amsterdam home.
The perfect candidate has a passion their craft... and a portfolio to back it up. Send us a link or upload your work and tell us all about it. Please submit your CV, portfolio and Motivation Letter in English.
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must send a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application cannot be taken into consideration.
How to Apply