Adidas is looking for a User Interface Designer who has an affinity for the web.
We want a creative and energetic team player who has a passion for user-centered design. You have a working knowledge of front-end web design and posses hands on HTML & CSS skills for prototyping which you can demonstrate through your experience.
Within the Global eCommerce team based in Amsterdam you will lead the creative for the Customer Experience team and create high quality interface designs.
You will work closely with the UX specialists (part of the Consumer Experience team) and Development teams to help drive a best in class user experience on web and mobile platforms.
- You will create fresh and current user interfaces regardless of the device.
- Collaborate with and support the Consumer Experience Team to execute both large and small projects.
- Assist in the design and building of new website templates.
- Help to optimize the website by creating visuals and prototypes to support online testing, including A/B tests.
- Help identify design opportunities to improve usability and interaction online.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team including visual designers, web developers and business owners to achieve strong visuals and technical solutions without sacrificing the user experience.
- You can create clean, well-structured and easily understandable specification documents that will be used to brief the development team.
- You will establish a consistent design language across the web site, which you and others will adhere to.
- You are passionate about keeping up to date with the latest advances in interface design and web technologies.
The Ideal Person:
- University degree with 3-5 years commercial experience as an interface designer.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your high visual aesthetic and attention to details.
- Hands-on skills with HTML & CSS and keen awareness of what’s possible to achieve across browsers. You know the limitations and advantages around this.
- You’ve got a solid understanding of the web environment, GUI (screen layouts and composition) and style guide application. You are used to using style guides and have examples of driving consistency across designs while maintaining a creative approach.
- You’ve worked with brands before and can follow and maintain guidelines.
- You must have experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Fireworks.
- Experience working within an eCommerce environment.
- You’re a good communicator who can present and sell –in your designs and explain your decisions.
- Fluent English both verbally and written.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our adidas Group Careers site: http://jobs.adidas-group.com/job/Amsterdam-User-Interface-Designer/23808600/?feedId=40300