The mantra of the the User Interface (UI) team is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." As a UI Designer, you have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction and visual design. Using your keen design aesthetic you design and conduct experiments with real users so that improvements to the user experience are based on real user behavior. Your job is to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable to our millions of users.
YouTube is looking for a full-time Designer with deep experience in TV user interfaces to join the YouTube UX team. For this particular role, we are looking for a senior designer with hybrid talents who can help drive the vision for YouTube for TV and game consoles, and give life to the vision through rapid design and prototyping. The work is challenging, creative, fast paced and intellectually stimulating. Cutting-edge design skills, strong systems-thinking, collaborative work ethic, and unwavering commitment to quality are best fit. You’ll join the fastest growing team at YouTube, and one which is poised not only to bring YouTube to TVs but to change the TV experience for viewers around the world.
- Build a deep understanding of user motivations, market opportunities and competition through research and design exploration.
- Create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and experience prototypes to guide development.
- Iterate on design based on user feedback, user research, tech constraints, market dynamics.
- Guide development to faithfully implement fantastic experiences on tv, tablets and phones.
- Collaborate with user researchers, visual designers, prototypers, product managers and software engineers Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- BA/BS in design, human-computer interaction, or a related fieldor. In lieu of a degree 10 years experience.
- Proficiency with the basic software tools of the trade and 4 years of experience designing software interfaces.
The first video posted on YouTube was a 19-second clip called "Me at the Zoo." Today, more than 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like Google TV and YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
How to Apply