G-Star is looking for a Senior UX Designer / Experience Designer
G-Star’s marketing department is responsible for all of G-Star’s creative conceptual environment. It develops and guards the global ‘corporate identity’.
The department consists of sub-departments that work collaboratively: 2D graphic studio, 3D product and interior design, Communications and DotCom Creative. The DotCom Creative department is responsible for developing the vision of G-Star’s online presence and translating this into concept and design. As G-Star has all the creative assets in-house, the creative team is able to work and develop concepts in a multidisciplinary and well-resourced environment with a deep understanding of the brand.
The Senior UX Designer / Experience Designer is integral to the creative process and plays a pivotal role in the strategy, concept and design of G-Star’s multi-context platforms. You are responsible for the further development of the brand digital identity; envisioning G-Star’s future online presence; and translating this into creative concepts for cutting edge user experiences for all G-Star digital including g-star.com, e-commerce, campaigns, mobile, newsletters, social media, retail and banners.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create concept models, user interface sketches, and detailed schematics.
- Work closely with fellow creatives and developers to ensure solidity of design.
- Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in an UX/Experience design role.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a varied skill set from creation of initial sketches and wireframes to final design.
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles.
- A good understanding of the experiences made possible by current digital technologies.
- Able to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems.
- Able to collaborate actively as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Organized and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen interest in at least one of the following domains is a plus: product design, commerce, mobile, branding, retail and social media
Curious to see more about previous award winning projects?
Candidates are invited to submit their application – including motivation, resume and portfolio (digital or max. 4 MB).
How to Apply
Send your application online using our online application form http://bit.ly/1jr8DOT For questions regarding this position you can call the Recruitment Department at +31 20 567 7600 or send an email to email@example.com