Senior Software Engineer –Contract
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small team. They will also enjoy working with numerous, evolving 3rd-party technologies and have the ability to context-switch with minimal disruption between various responsibilities (working on a feature set, communicating with 3rd-party developers, improving design and performance of existing code, etc.).
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented programmer to be challenged and build upon existing programming and technical design skills.
· Create new features from product owner specifications.
· Design and estimate new product features based on functional specifications.
· Follow a test-driven development process.
· Work closely with stakeholders to ensure timely product delivery.
· Act as a liaison to 3rd-party plugin developers and customers.
· Troubleshoot issues is customer production environments.
· 6 to 8+ years of object-oriented design, programming and testing experience with C# and/or Java.
· Recent experience with the .NET technology stack (.NET 4.0, Visual Studio 2010/2012).
· Knowledge of several file transfer protocols (HTTP, SFTP, UNC, S3, etc.).
· Deep knowledge of messaging technologies (XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, XSD, schema validation, etc.)
· Experience with Java and related technologies.
· Experience with transcoding technologies a plus.
· Proficient in system design and architecture, particularly with service oriented architectures, performance, and scalability.
· Excellent leadership, communication, organization and time management skills.
· Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
· Experience with Agile project management tools and methods are a plus.
· BS in Computer Science.
How to Apply
Please go to www.lwerner.com to create a profile and submit your resume. Or, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!