We're looking for a super-talented senior designer to join our team. You should have an inspiring visual point of view, strategic approach to design, and strong leadership skills.
- design for the online experience: responsive/adaptive, mobile, e-commerce, CMS
- identity and brand development projects
- lead teams of designers, developers,
- photographers & vendors from conceptual
- ideation to production
- strategic design thinking
- participation in studio critiques
- work directly with clients and present creative to them
- manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- excellent HTML + CSS skills
- love for typography & the web
- pixel-perfect attention to detail
- project and production management skills
- strong learning & writing skills
- experience with e-commerce design
- social media savvy
- a sense of humor
- 4+ years experience in web, print, packaging and branding
Perks at Grip
We offer a complete benefits package that includes healthcare and dental and 401k with matching. We know it's important to enjoy our jobs, and we make it a priority. Many of our clients are notable Chicago restaurants or in the beer/wine/spirit industries so we frequently experience great food & drink. We have a full kitchen at our studio and our cabinets are stocked with healthy snacks and necessities. Occasionally, we take active or learning field trips in and around Chicago. We have a personal trainer that comes to our office on a weekly basis to help burn off any extra calories.
Our headquarters are located in Wicker Park, Chicago, home to the city's best coffee shops, sushi, tacos and cocktails.
Grip is an idea and concept agency that specializes in creating meaningful connections between our clients and their customers. We craft brands, products, and experiences for companies we believe in.
Established in 1999, Grip has over 14 years of strategic design for clients in a wide range of industries. We leverage our combined expertise in business strategy, branding, marketing, social engagement, design and web development for every client. Some of our clients include L.L.Bean, Whole Foods Market, Death’s Door Spirits, Girl & The Goat, UnCommon, Bluefly, Kellogg School of Management, School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), and Virtue Cider.
Note: Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply. Serious candidates only. (Due to the high volume of responses to job openings, only short-listed candidates will be notified.) No calls, please.
How to Apply
Send resume and work samples as a link (or PDF under 7 MB, please), salary requirements, and availability to Kelly Kaminski at email@example.com. Or send those to: Grip/Kelly Kaminski, 1128 N Ashland Ave., Chicago IL 60622