We’re looking for a brilliant product designer to join our tiny creative team. We work across a variety of mediums, always striving to show respect to the work of our creative community. We iterate constantly, speak plainly to each other, and listen carefully to the people we work with every day.
From conception to sketches to iteration to production, be prepared to own and organize your work. Ideal candidates will successfully take charge of entire features, pages, and apps. Experience working with engineers is an absolute must.
- Link to your portfolio that highlights relevant design work
- Links to any other work that you’re proud of 3-5 sentences about why you’d like to design for Tumblr
What You'll Do:
- Design Tumblr's new features for the web, mobile, and beyond
- Make things that will be used by millions of people all over the world
- Work in small teams
What We're Looking For:
- Deep understanding of Tumblr's direction and community
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortable with CSS and HTML
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms
- Experience designing for print
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback. This is important.
- Experience with motion graphics and video production
- Experience with Tumblr's themes
- Experience working with clients, through an agency or freelance
Founded by David Karp in New York City in 2007, Tumblr is a microblogging platform that allows users to effortlessly share anything. Tumblr now hosts over 70 million blogs with over 34 billion posts to date. Our pageview to engineer ratio is 0.5 billion PV per month to 1 engineer. This means every line of code every developer writes has a huge impact. We are focused on building tools and technologies that will advance the state of the art in dealing with massively scaled websites as we quickly grow past 50,000 requests and 1,400 posts per second. We are also excited to deliver a range of new products that will enable users to share their own creative content, discover content, and connect to one another in new ways.
How to Apply