Onespacemedia seeks an experienced digital designer
If you're an experienced web designer with a keen eye for detail and you want to join a top-ten UK digital team in central Cambridge, we want to talk to you!
- Work with the commercial team to create and evolve design concepts for websites, software applications and digital and print campaigns across a wide number of commercial sectors.
- Create high-quality designs that work in line with a project’s commercial priorities and satisfy a project’s criteria for success.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that any UI/UX patterns work in the interest of a client’s product, using research and rationale to drive production.
- Provide guidance, feedback and QA on design deliverables after development, to help protect an original design vision through to production.
- Take responsibility for supporting the development process with assets, modifications and guidance in line with the original vision.
- Work directly with clients where required as a project progresses - with the aim to defend the project’s design and commercial goals.
- Help drive site build-out where required, ensuring that conceptual design work stands up to rigorous content requirements in production.
- Naturally creative, with a track-record for delivering excellent creative concepts on-time and on-budget.
- Extensive commercial experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (primarily, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Experience designing a range of digital products - from simple, ‘brochureware’ style websites through to more complex UI/UX undertakings - such as responsive web applications.
- Experience delivering visual branding concepts, marketing material and logos, sometimes to challenging timescales.
- Comfortable with concept creation and ideation - the ability to swiftly help clients bring their initial vision into a fully fledged commercial concept.
- An excellent technology generalist, with a good understanding of mobile hardware platforms.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, confident enough to deal directly with clients where necessary.
- Experience in working in a CMS environment with WYSIWYG skills.
- Competence with online design tools such as InVision.
- Project and relationship management skills - exposure navigating the sensitivities of complex, multi-stakeholder organisations and processes.
- Experience with photography, image processing and video formats.
- Experience with corporate presentation design and delivery, across industry standard tools such as PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Competence with Adobe After Effects and Lightroom.
- Experience with animation a bonus.
- Experience with Sketch a bonus.
- Naturally diligent, with excellent attention to detail.
- A creative problem solver with a positive attitude - and an appreciation for Onespacemedia’s commercial obligations and brand reputation.
- A professional commitment to quality and transparency, working in the interest of our clients and partners.
- A team player who isn’t afraid to get involved in wider company discussions and support and mentor others if the opportunity arises.
- 4+ years commercial (and preferably, agency) experience in a digital design position.
- Creative, technical or multimedia degree preferable (Graphic Design, Multimedia Production or another artistic or technology discipline) - but not compulsory.
How to Apply
Please send CV, portfolio, covering note and links to any websites or applications you have created, or been involved with, to email@example.com