While our team is small, our projects are not. You will have an integral part delivering smart, leading-edge solutions to our clients. Projects include brand creation and development; major responsive/ubiquitous portal site designs; dashboard and information design; product development initiatives; and anything else we get excited about tackling. Our active client list includes American Express, DC Comics, Sony.com, Starz Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, Yahoo and Western Union, as well as a handful of dynamic startups and artists.
We are looking for a mid-level designer who would love to work collaboratively with a tight-knit team to solve challenging design problems. You should be passionate about creating beautiful designs regardless of platform and be inspired to work closely with clients, other designers and developers to ensure a successful final product. We'd like to see a portfolio containing projects that demonstrate effective interactive design across desktop, tablet and mobile as well as an understanding of how user experience architecture and design can work together to solve complex dashboard, content and social media design problems. A big plus is knowing your CSS and HTML5.
This is an opportunity to design and deliver great design solutions for great clients; to spearhead your own projects and initiatives; to learn about new approaches and brands; to speak your mind; and to be part of a thriving, historically-stable design studio. Plus, we're good people!
The big details and responsibilities:
- Create design and brand explorations for clients and internal initiatives
- Iterate designs and concepts through to full set of collateral, responsive layouts or specifications
- Troubleshoot and extend UX and wireframes in new directions
- Lead clients and internal teams (research, strategy, interaction design, code) through design issues and solutions
- Provide tech teams with clear, detailed direction
- Pursue in-house projects and concepts
- Participate in group concept and brainstorming sessions
- This is a full time position, but we often have freelance available as well.
Design or Bachelors Degree preferred and 3+ years of interactive and visual design experience, as well as:
- Experience designing websites (or apps) across many target widths
- Strong design fundamentals including typography and layout
- Ability to conceptualize creative ideas and solutions to brand, design and business challenges
- Good understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, and site architecture including navigation paradigms
- Desire and ability to experiment, innovate and share your knowledge within a team setting
- Familiarity with modern production techniques
- Extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to collaborate with other designers, product managers and web developers
- Good verbal communication and reasoning skills, both for internal discussions and client presentations
- Experience working in an agency or studio environment
- Demonstrable interest in our industry. We love interactive and design. You should too!
- Confidence but not bravado. We all speak our minds freely, but we work hard to keep Sisu a prima-donna free zone.
- The rest of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Content creation such as photography, motion or video
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com including a cover letter, resume and, at minimum, a link to your personal URL/portfolio. No phone calls please.