Facebook is looking for an experienced Illustrator (and Icon Designer) to join the Communication Design team.
Communication Design is responsible for helping over a billion people understand Facebook's products and trust its brand. We design all user-facing communication including product marketing pages, product tours, videos, user education and creative brand campaigns. We build and manage visual systems that support brand consistency across all communication channels. We produce creative campaigns that communicate and reinforce our core brand values.
The Illustrator/Icon Designer will produce a wide range of identity, marketing and editorial artwork, and will lead the establishment of a consistent visual style for all illustration across Facebook.com.Responsibilities
- Create artwork to communicate abstract concepts in an emotionally engaging, human way.
- Develop clear visual metaphors for product and identity icons.
- Create pixel-perfect marketing/editorial illustrations and icons for the print, web, mobile and multiple screen resolutions.
- Collaborate with Product Design, Content Strategy, Product Marketing and User Experience teams.
- Think creatively and be ready to tackle hard problems.
- Establish consistent, clean and human visual style/language for all illustration across Facebook.com.
- Superior drawing skills
- Portfolio demonstrating ability to create pixel-perfect illustrations and icons for the web, mobile and multiple screen resolutions
- Expert-level experience with Adobe software
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- History of self-initiated projects a plus
How to Apply