As a front-end engineer at Thumbtack, your varied skills and our bottom-up product process will give you as much autonomy and license as you can handle. If you can build it and it’s good for the company, do it! There's no limit to how valuable you can be or how much impact you can make here.
We want people who want to make their mark on the world - who have the ambition to dream big and the talent to bring those dreams to fruition.
Some things about you:
- You see the web as a beautiful, intricate, occasionally clumsy Rube Goldberg machine. Working with it isn’t a chore; it’s a challenge.
- You spend almost as much time inspecting a page's elements and figuring out how it works as you do using it. You're insatiably curious about how websites are made.
- You think complaining about IE support is so five years ago. You know exactly how, when, and where not to play nice across different browsers and platforms.
- You keep abreast with modern web practices and trends but know when to stay pragmatic in their implementations.
Our ideal candidate is excited about:
- Clean, accessible, understandable markup
- A/B testing, data-driven decision making
- Responsive web design
- Graceful degradation, progressive enhancement
- A portfolio of real, live projects; contributions to open-source
- An eye for design, or at least a good appreciation for it
How to Apply
Apply for this position here: http://www.thumbtack.com/jobs/front-end-engineer