We are looking for front-end web engineers that can help us build a compelling web presence while maintaining simplicity and usability. You should be able to think critically about a problem, evaluate the solution set, and be able to pick the right course of development given the set of constraints while adopting appropriate technologies to solve technical challenges.
What will you be doing?
From day one, you will be contributing to the future of Instagram on the web. While in the past we have primarily been a mobile company, the web is becoming an ever-increasingly important part of what we are and what we do. You will be working closely together with our designers and engineers to continually improve our web experience.
Our web products are built with Python, Django and Backbone.js. Our CSS gets pre-processed by Sass. Experience with these technologies is not necessary, but willingness and excitement to learn them is!
Information and Requirements
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Design or similar field.
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
- Deep understanding, familiarity and skill with programming for the web.
- The ability to pick up new programming languages very quickly. Experience and familiarity with Python is a plus, but not required.
- A demonstrated history of intellectual and entrepreneurial exploration.
- Be able to write elegant, readable, and well-documented code.
- The ability to construct solid, structured mark-up as well as writing and working with efficient, flexible and reusable stylesheets is preferred.
- This job is currently located in South Park, San Francisco — though candidates should note that given the pending acquisition by Facebook, the job will likely be located more permanently in Menlo Park pending transaction completion. Being able to work in Menlo Park at Facebook headquarters is a requirement.
How to Apply