We are looking for a mid-level web application developer who loves to solve complex problems on large and sometimes small projects.
As a Front End Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of interactive front-ends that provide great user experiences for our media technology solutions.
The candidate must love coding, enjoy helping the team deliver great work, and must be able to clearly communicate with clients and within the Forge team. It will be their job to work on a variety of different projects, from contributing to the design process to developing interactive front-ends that provide great user experiences.
The candidate should be well versed in the full web stack, have experience creating front-ends for RESTful web-services, and love good design. The candidate should also be excited about working within the media and broadcast sector.
As a Front End Developer you’ll also be responsible for:
· Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
· Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
· Contributing to the company development
· Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
· Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
· Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The candidate must have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
· Have considerable experience with RESTful Web Services
· Fluency in HTML5 and CSS3
· JS testing frameworks
· Passionate about design, user experience and interfaces
· Ability to work well with other developers and contribute to improved process and workflow
· Ability to work in projects delivered using Agile frameworks
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
· Degree or equivalent; or alternative professional qualification / significant experience
How to Apply
You can apply for this job via our website: http://mediasmiths.com/permanent-front-end-developer-role/