We are looking for a sharp front-end developer with great design sense and vision to join the user experience team at NBCNews.com.
This is an opportunity to a play an important role in the digital evolution of one of the world’s best-known and most-trusted news organizations.
As an ideal candidate your professional experience manifests a strong creative drive and a keen sense for great user experiences across device form factors, and you carry a critical understanding of digital tools and trends. You love pitching design concepts via functional web prototypes. A background building experiences for news or editorial content in particular is a strong plus.
This will be a full-time position reporting to the Creative Director for NBCNews.com, in our 30 Rockefeller Plaza offices in New York.
- Content is more important than technology
- Working at the intersection of news and technology is exciting because it’s always changing
- Multi-disciplined teams and people lead the way
- An interactive portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience with usability and A/B testing
- Experience measuring project success with analytics data from Google Analytics, Omniture or the equivalent
- A 10+ hour per month commitment to learning new web technologies
You’re passionate about:
- Smart web-based mobile experiences
- Lean/agile development practices
- CSS-based style guides
You have experience with:
- Frameworks like jQuery, Backbone and Bootstrap
- SASS and Compass
How to Apply
You can apply for this position here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25354&siteid=5108&areq=8561br