DK is looking for a Front-End Developer/Designer.
WHO WE ARE:
DK is a trans-media creative agency and production studio. We think and we make. We specialize in progressive storytelling for entertainment, marketing, architectural spaces, and original content. We are designers, filmmakers, writers, technologists, and conceptualists. We solve creative problems as a multi-disciplinary collective that is unique to the industry. We rely on discipline, experimentation, perspective, and laughter as key ingredients to a great creative product. We very much love what we do—and thankfully so do many of the kind judges of the FWA, Cannes Lions, Shorty Awards, One Show Interactive, Webby Awards, and others.
WHO WE WANT:
A creative coder who thrives in a highly collaborative, small team environment. As an integrated agency, all DK creatives are passionate about building more than just websites or single-channel experiences, but sophisticated, integrated campaigns across multiple platforms and technologies. We are equal parts strategic agency and world-class production studio, so ideal candidates will bring strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to the table, as well as the ability to execute at a very high level.
Your work should demonstrate not only a clean and modern sensibility of interaction design, but a high level of visual literacy. Those who thrive at DK are proactive, collaborative, and bring a unique point-of-view.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a creative agency or studio.
- A strong passion for web and new technologies.
- Strong interest in design, user experience, interface architecture and animation.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and iterative product development.
- Proficient technical writing & editing skills.
- Ability to translate technical jargon into meaningful concepts across functional groups.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Problem solving orientation and desire to engage technical challenges and seek the most effective solutions.
- Familiar with HTML5 APIs (Canvas, WebGL, etc.) and CSS3 features.
- Experience working with web services and APIs like Twitter, Facebook Graph, Instagram, or Google Maps.
- Familiar with responsive design and mobile development.
- Ability to write clean and well-structured code.
- Can use techniques such as graceful degradation to ensure the best experience across browsers.
- Familiar with tools and techniques for efficient development, such as Grunt or LESS.
- Understanding of Object-oriented programming.
- Experience developing within a team and using version control like Git or SVN.
- Working knowledge of server-side languages like PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with standard CMS tools.
Technical skills that are not required, but will be considered include working knowledge of:
- Mobile software development (iOS, Android).
- Physical computing (Arduino).
- OpenFrameworks, Processing or Cinder.
- Flash and ActionScript3.
We appreciate your interest in joining the DK family and look forward to hearing from you!!! Thank you.
Please no phone calls or recruiting agency inquiries.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to reply to all applicants. You will be contacted should we see an alignment for DK!
How to Apply
Please send letter of introduction and interest, resume, portfolio (online or PDF) with description of involvement in each project to: CHI_FED@THISISDK.COM