WATSON DG - LOS ANGELES, CA
Watson DG seeks an individual with a passion for interactive development and animation, with rock solid technical experience as well as a sharp eye and creative mind. One enjoys experimentation with the latest tech, finding new ways of using familiar API's, and understands the importance of delivering both an innovative and well-polished product.
As a mid to senior level position, some experience is expected in mentoring small, project-based teams of developers and the day-to-day technical issues that arise on projects. You should be comfortable assisting developers and sharing your knowledge with others.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A constant learner, with a passion for making things better -- actively keeping ahead of the curve and exploring
new technologies, libraries and APIs
• Someone who sees potential in HTML beyond the parallax and infinite scroll
• A collaborative spirit - you’ll be an important member of an impressive team and work directly alongside other disciplines to make great work better
• An articulate communicator - one who can create or contribute to concepts, hands-on development and management of technical details of a large account or project, and mentor other developers internally or guide an external vendor
• Experience in the entertainment industry is essential and you should be enthusiastic and immersed in pop culture: movies, mobile technology, games, social apps, comic books, art, music and the like
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Expert knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3 / JS & jQuery
• A detailed eye for design, animation, and user interaction
• Experience with responsive design & mobile web development
• Familiarity with both 2D and 3D development (including experience with CSS3D & WebGL)
• Keen awareness of common performance bottlenecks and cross-browser issues
• An understanding of object-oriented and MVC methodologies
• Knowledge of common jQuery and JSON-based APIs
• Integration experience with social API's such as Facebook, Twitter, and G+
• Experience with various deployment platforms (FTP, Amazon S3, VPN, etc.)
• Working knowledge of GIT version control
• Experience building mobile applications
• Experience with PHP and MySQL
• Familiarity with MV* frameworks such as Backbone.js, Ember.js, Spine etc.
• An interest in browser-based and mobile gaming
• Skill with motion graphics and compositing
• Knowledge of 3D modeling, rendering, or animation
ABOUT WATSON DG
W/DG is a visual communication company specializing in innovative online projects. Our work ranges from all-encompassing web campaigns to smaller, more integrated viral elements and digital marketing. We love what we do and are not afraid to push ourselves creatively into new technologies including social media platforms and mobile capabilities. We always set our goals above and beyond the scope.
How to Apply
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org